References in periodicals archive ?
The report advises that underpayment can be legitimate in a small number of cases.
The IRS is no longer required to collect from each partner/member his share of the underpayment of tax determined in a partnership audit.
TUC leader Frances O'Grady said: "Minimum wage underpayment is happening on an industrial scale."
The report found that official error accounted for [pounds sterling]470 million of the underpayments.
Partnerships that pay imputed underpayments at the partnership level pay the tax on their current year return and will be subject to the highest federal tax rate.
The new regime generally requires the additional tax on any partnership adjustments (the imputed underpayment) to be paid by the partnership but provides an election under Sec.
Interest on the additional tax to the partner is determined from the due date of the partners return for the reviewed year at a rate two percentage points higher than the general interest rate on underpayments, i.e., the short-term applicable federal rate plus five percentage points.
Auditors in 2013 identified and corrected $3.8 billion in improper payments, including $3.7 billion in overpayments and $102 million in underpayments, according to the CMS' 2013 report.
The estimated cost of overpayments due to administrative error last year was 0.7% of the total benefit bill, the same as in 2006/07, with the figure for underpayments dropping from 0.4% to 0.3%.
According to reports, staff at HMRC claimed that they had been told not to pursue the majority of the underpayment cases because they were more than two years old, meaning they are open to legal challenge from taxpayers.
Almost all the improper payments (96%) identified in 2007 were overpayments collected from providers, while the remaining 4% were underpayments that were repaid to providers.
Oregon now ranks 15th in the nation for its ability to minimize underpayments.
Effectively managing these details--and the contracts that define them--helps medical groups to decrease underpayments, leading to increased revenue and improved cash flow.
* Allowing underpayments for amnesty-eligible years to be offset by overpayments from other years for purposes of computing the amnesty payment;
Thesaurus browser ?
Full browser ?
- Underpass Gang
- Underpayment Penalties
- Underpayment Penalty
- Underpayment Penalty Tax
- Underpayment Penalty Taxes
- Underpayment Tax
- Underpayment Taxes
- underperforming asset
- Underperforming Assets