References in periodicals archive ?
Accessories included different patterns of privates' and sergeants' combination tools--chained leather-topped snapcaps and brass or iron-and-cork "muzzle stoppers" known as tompions.
Few clocks are personalities in their own right, but this one, by the great clockmaker Thomas Tompion, belonged to William Ill, was given to one of his court attendants and remains intact, working and exquisite.
THOMAS TOMPION can make a seamless switch to handicap company in the Sir Gerald Whent Memorial Nursery at Newbury.
A half-brother to the classy Lady Springbank, Thomas Tompion caught the eye when fifth on debut but could not build on that when only third next time up.
Police believe at least two burglars broke in to grab table clock made by 17th Century master Thomas Tompion, damaging one of its feet .
Roland Arkell, of Antiques Trade Gazette, said a pounds 500,000 Thomas Tompion clock which police confirmed was missing was the "king of table clocks".
So right, in fact, that he based his design on a 1709 clock by the acclaimed clockmaker, Thomas Tompion, which is on view in the Pump Room at Bath.
THOMAS Tompion was dubbed the Father of English Clockmaking and, if in original condition, some of his pieces can fetch over pounds 100,000.
Successors to the 17th century masters Thomas Tompion, George Graham and Daniel Quare; John Harrison and John Arnold, who made the first ultra-accurate marine timekeepers in the 18th century set the standard patterns for the following century or more and Arnold, who used jewelled movements, is considered the first pioneer of the precision pocket watch.
Tompion Platt, Head of Policy and Communications, Living Streets London
Scott assembled the collection over 30 years, and it includes rare timepieces by Tompion.
Career criminal Graham Harkin tried to claim a pounds 25,000 reward for returning a Thomas Tompion clock stolen from Levens Hall, near Kendal, Cumbria, and thought he was dealing with an agent of its real owner.
Gary Moore, trainer of Thomas Tompion "It was soft when he won very easily last time, but whether he is fairly handicapped I don't know.
looks THOMAS TOMPION lools the solution to the Sir Gerald Whent Memorial Nursery at Newbury.
A half-brother to the classy Lady Springbank, Thomas Tompion caught the eye when fifth on debut, but could not build on that when only third next time up.
Thesaurus browser ?
- Tombigbee River
- tomentum cerebri
- Tomistoma schlegeli
- Tommy gun
- tonal language
- tonal pattern
- tonal system
- tone arm
- tone color
- tone deafness
- tone down
- tone ending
- tone language
- tone of voice
- tone poem
- tone system
- tone up
Full browser ?
- Tomorrow's Neighborhoods Today
- Tomorrow's Personnel Management System
- Tomorrow's Really Yesterday
- Tomorrow's Research Cardiovascular Health Professionals
- Tomorrow's Teachers Today
- Tomorrow's Technology Today
- Tomorrow's Urban Leaders Excelling in Academic Performance
- Tomorrow's Voices Today
- Tomorrow's World
- Tomorrow, When the War Began
- Tomorrow/Next Day
- Tomorrow’s Doctors
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority
- Tomorrowland Transportation Authority
- Tomoyo42's Room
- Tompa, Ferenc
- Tompion, Thomas
- Tompion, Thomas
- Tompkins Consolidated Area Transit
- Tompkins Cortland Community College
- Tompkins County
- Tompkins County Area Development
- Tompkins County Living Wage Coalition
- Tompkins County Public Library
- Tompkins County Quilters Guild
- Tompkins County Soil and Water Conservation District
- Tompkins County Task Force for Battered Women
- Tompkins County Workers Center
- Tompkins County, New York
- Tompkins County, NY
- Tompkins Girls Hockey Association
- Tompkins Hall
- Tompkins Renewable Energy Education Alliance
- Tompkins Square Middle School
- Tompkins, Daniel D.
- Tompot blenny