References in periodicals archive ?
Tanka Budhathoki performed a contemporary song, and Jyoti Gurung rendered two songs.
9) Nevertheless, three distinct genres of poetry through which modern poets expressed themselves were widely in use: The short haiku [TEXT NOT REPRODUCIBLE IN ASCII] with its 17 syllables, the tanka [TEXT NOT REPRODUCIBLE IN ASCII] (or waka [TEXT NOT REPRODUCIBLE IN ASCII]) with its 31 syllables, and the shintaishi [TEXT NOT REPRODUCIBLE IN ASCII], modern, free verse poetry that broke with any traditional meter and that was heavily influenced by translations of Western poetry.
For more information or to book Tanka Village, please visit http://www.
Wakan Tanka is concerned with human needs, and not luxuries.
Japanese verses Haiku, Hoku and Tanka will be recited.
Accompanying the prime minister on the occasion were his spouse Gayatri Nepal, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Foreign Affairs, Sujata Koirala, Finance Minister Surendra Pandey, Minister for Energy Dr Prakash Sharan Mahat, Foreign Secretary Madan Bhattarai, Finance Secretary Rameshwar Khanal, Prime Minister's foreign affairs advisor Rajan Bhattarai, Nepali Ambassador to China, Tanka Prasad Karki, Chinese Ambassador to Nepal, Qui Guo Hong and other officials.
The Tanka Bar, produced by the Pine Ridge Reservation of South Dakota, has about 70 calories, 7 grams each of protein and carbohydrate and 1.
A Japanese verse, the Tanka is in the form of 31 syllables in five unrhymed lines, the first and third having five syllables each, and the others seven.
I'd been drawn to Tibetan Buddhist art for some time before my parents died, but I did not acquire my first tanka until after my mother passed away.
Kat and her sister Tanka are living with foster parents who took them in when their parents were gunned down during the war.
Tanka Bars and smaller Tanka Bites were created on the Pine Ridge Reservation of the Lakota tribe in South Dakota.
Creating family harmony is a cornerstone of personal and cultural happiness, and Creating Family Harmony Through Tanka offers an invaluable methodology to improving human quality of life, as well as numerous sample tanka poems.
Released were former Home Minister Kamal Thapa and former Minister for Local Development Tanka Dhakal.
Champion Young Sire Daughter (Judge: John Porter Jnr, Moonlea): 1, Philip Coker - Boduan Sha Queen (Sire: Madryn Storm Guto); 2, R Pilkington - Aintree Tanka Trix (Sire: Aintree Tanka).
This quarterly e-journal features Japanese short form poetry written in the English language, and contains original contributions from new poets and experienced haijin, with offerings in the English genres of haiku, senryu, haibun, tanka, renku, and haiga.
Thesaurus browser ?
- tangle with
- tank car
- tank circuit
- tank destroyer
- tank driver
- tank engine
- tank farm
- tank farming
- tank furnace
- tank iron
- tank locomotive
- tank shell
- tank ship
- tank suit
- tank top
- tank up
- tanker plane
- tanner's cassia
- tannic acid
- Tanoan language
- tansy leaf aster
- tansy mustard
- tansy ragwort
- tansy-leaved rocket
Full browser ?
- Tank warfare
- Tank Waste Characterization Planning
- Tank Waste Remediation Commitment Tracking System
- Tank Waste Remediation System
- Tank Waste Remediation System Operation And Utilization Plan
- Tank Waste Remediation System Project
- Tank Waste Retrieval and Disposal Program
- Tank Weapons Gunnery Simulation System
- Tank Weapons Gunnery Simulation System/Precision Gunnery System
- Tank worm
- tank you up
- tank you up on
- Tank, Amphibious
- Tank, Compressed Air
- Tank, Expansion/Contraction
- Tank, Maksim
- tank, military
- tank, processing
- Tank, Water, Chilled
- Tank, Water, City
- Tank, Water, Cool
- Tank-Antitank/Assault Weapons Requirements Study
- Tank-Automotive and Armaments Command - Rock Island Arsenal
- Tank-Automotive Command Research, Development, and Engineering
- Tank-Automotive Research And Development Command
- Tank-Automotive Systems Development Center
- TANK-binding kinase 1
- Tank-Car Cleaning Facility
- Tank-Mounted Mine Clearing Roller
- Tanka (disambiguation)
- Tanka (disambiguation)
- tanked her up
- tanked her up on
- tanked him up
- tanked him up on
- tanked me up
- tanked me up on
- tanked someone up