References in periodicals archive ?
May his life's story be an example for some young man, or young woman, to come along as another American hero, patriot and statesman or stateswoman in this nation's future.
CANDI STATON UNSTOPPABLE HHH HH FIFTY years into her career Candi Staton adopts the role of soul stateswoman on her aptly-titled 30th album.
CANDI STATON UNSTOPPABLE HHH HH FIFTY years into her career, Candi Staton adopts the role of soul stateswoman on her aptly-titled 30th album.
At 28, she is quite the elder stateswoman of the sport, someone who briefly topped the world rankings, and is much respected for playing a major role in breaking the stranglehold of China on the global stage.
FIFTY years into her career Candi Staton adopts the role of soul stateswoman on her aptly-titled including a reworking of Patti Smith's People Have The Power, appears to be Staton's What's Going On?
The labour leader urged trade unionists especially female unionists in Africa to learn from the leadership example of Mama Winnie Madikizela-Mandela, adding that as a stateswoman, 'She was labour friendly, a working class stalwart who favored minimum wage and decent work for the workers.
Synopsis: Margaret Hilda Thatcher, Baroness Thatcher, LG, OM, PC, FRS, FRIC (nee Roberts; 13 October 1925--8 April 2013), was a British stateswoman who served as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 1979 to 1990, and Leader of the Conservative Party from 1975 to 1990.
This struggle over the past 19 years has taught me how to be a steward of the land, and at the same time a stateswoman for our industry.
Islamabad -- Speaker National Assembly Sardar Ayaz Sadiq has said that Mohtarama Benazir Bhutto was a stateswoman and a visionary political leader.
ISLAMABAD -- Speaker of National Assembly Sardar Ayaz Sadiq Tuesday paid tribute to former Prime Minister Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto on her death anniversary to be held on December 27 saying that Mohtarama was a stateswoman and a visionary political leader.
Islamabad -- Speaker National Assembly Sardar Ayaz Sadiq has said that Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto was a stateswoman and a visionary political leader.
In the 50 years since her death, Fatima Jinnah: Mother of the Nation is the first scholarly biography to focus on the life of the author, activist, and stateswoman in full.
And though she's now the elder stateswoman in her team, Balse-Pabayo said she's fine with the label.
Sturgeon now has a golden opportunity to re-establish the competence of the SNP Government while dabbling with the international stateswoman role which has served her well in the past.
He said the poll showed that "especially young people are looking for stability and continuity in these uncertain times." The elder stateswoman of western European politics, Merkel has come under fire at home for initially opening Germany's doors to more than 1 million refugees.
Thesaurus browser ?
- stateless person
- stately home
- Staten Island
- state's attorney
- state's evidence
- States General
- states' rights
- States' Rights Democratic Party
- state-sponsored terrorism
- static electricity
- static line
- static magnet
- static tube
- statin drug
- station agent
- station house
- station keeper
- Station of the Cross
- station waggon
- station wagon
- stationary stochastic process
- stationary wave
- stationery seller
Full browser ?
- Statesman's Year-Book
- Statesville, North Carolina
- Statewide Accounting and Reporting System
- Statewide Accounting, Budgeting and Human Resource System
- Statewide Advocacy Council
- Statewide AIDS Service Delivery Consortium
- Statewide Air Pollution Research Center
- Statewide Amateur Hockey of Florida
- Statewide Anti-Terrorism Unifed Response Network
- Statewide Aquatic Wildlife Conservation Strategy
- Statewide Articulation and Dual Enrollment Committee
- Statewide Augmentative Alternative Assistance Communication
- Statewide Automated Accounting System
- Statewide Automated Child Support System
- Statewide Automated Child Welfare Information System
- Statewide Automated Fingerprint Identification System
- Statewide Automated Victim Assistance and Notification
- Statewide Automated Victim Information and Notification
- Statewide Budgeting and Accounting System
- Statewide Buyer and Seller Advisory
- Statewide California Association of Code Enforcement
- Statewide California Coalition for Battered Women
- Statewide California Electronic Library Consortium
- Statewide Campus System
- Statewide Child Injury Prevention Program
- Statewide Clinical Consultation and Training
- Statewide Commercial Vehicle and Cargo Theft Task Force
- Statewide Communications Interoperability Plan
- Statewide Community and Court Liaison Service