spar


Also found in: Dictionary, Medical, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to spar: ESPAR
Graphic Thesaurus  🔍
Display ON
Animation ON
Legend
Synonym
Antonym
Related
  • all
  • verb
  • noun

Synonyms for spar

Synonyms for spar

any of various nonmetallic minerals (calcite or feldspar) that are light in color and transparent or translucent and cleavable

a stout rounded pole of wood or metal used to support rigging

making the motions of attack and defense with the fists and arms

furnish with spars

box lightly

Related Words

fight verbally

References in periodicals archive ?
The Spar Wine Club will re-open for new membership applications in 2020.
John Phoko School head, Reginah Muguni relayed that her school's relationship with Spar went back many years and continued to grow in leaps and bounds.
great SPAR been to a -Shelley Kerr said: "We are extremely proud to have SPAR as an official partner of the women's national teamof and are grateful for their backing ahead of our first ever FIFA Women's World Cup.
In addition, in connection with the SIFI designation, Spar Nord Bank has raised its strategic target for the CET1 ratio from 13.0 to 13.5 and its target for the own funds ratio from 16.5 to 17.5.
Reflecting on their partnership with Sri Sri Tattva, at a special launch ceremony held at Spar in Madinat as Sultan Qaboos on Sunday, Sridhar Moosapeta, CEO of Spar Oman, said, 'Broadening our portfolio through the introduction of brands such as Sri Sri Tattva is a natural evolution for us at Spar Oman.
In his comment at the launch of the new outlet, the Marketing Manager, SPAR Nigeria, Emmanuel Isangediok said: 'We are excited to increase our footprint in Lagos by opening this outlet and in Nigeria at large.
Shoppers can also discover a wide range of locally sourced organic produce which are carefully selec-ted keeping in mind the wellbeing of Spar shoppers.
SPAR operates 12,545 stores in 44 countries and posted a e1/433.1bn in turnover last year, the statement said.
The first SPAR stores are expected to open in the first quarter of 2018 with a target of opening more than 20 SPAR supermarkets over the next five years.
Summary: The Sultanate is the first country in the Middle East to launch SPAR's sub-licensing retail model.
We've partnered with SPAR to offer every reader the chance to pick up a FREE four-pack of Cheestrings from SPAR stores with today's Daily Record.
Summary: Spar announced that it would be acquiring 60% of Spar Switzerland for CHF44.5mn (ZAR690.4mn), with a call/put option in place to acquire the remaining 40% in five yearsEe' time for a consideration of CHF56.3mn (ZAR873.4mn).
Delhi, June 8 -- SPAR, the world's largest voluntary food retail chain, has announced plans for significant growth in India which will see 25 SPAR Hypermarket stores and an anticipated doubling of its current workforce of 3300 across the country by the end of 2017.
InterMoor, an Acteon company, completed its contract supporting the decommissioning of Anadarko Petroleum's Red Hawk spar in the Gulf of Mexico.