social class


Also found in: Dictionary, Medical, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to social class: social stratification, Social mobility
Graphic Thesaurus  🔍
Display ON
Animation ON
Legend
Synonym
Antonym
Related
  • noun

Synonyms for social class

References in periodicals archive ?
Belmi and his colleagues conducted a series of four investigations looking at the connection between social class and overconfidence and how that might affect others' perceptions of a person's competence.
Gallup did not ask this social class question between 2009 and 2011, and therefore it is possible the 2012-2015 dip in middle-class identification was evident earlier, following the 2008 financial meltdown and its aftermath.
The analysis of the interview data suggests that the students studying at the government colleges belonged to the low social class and the students studying at the private colleges belonged to the high social class in both districts.
This ongoing debate has led to some definitional confusion in the literature, with terms such as SES, social class, and economic background often being conflated (Liu et al., 2004).
id="contentIf you think people from higher social classes have more friends abroad, you are probably wrong.
This text is largely devoted to illuminating the ways in which social class background influences every aspect of the college experience from selecting the appropriate residence hall, choosing a major, navigating social life, access to dispensable financial resources, and availability of a backup plan through parental involvement.
She discusses elite schoolgirls in the 21st century; from romance and domesticity to raunch and visibility; (re)searching for girls' resistance; elite schooling, social class, and girl citizenship; revisiting sexuality and social class; negotiating sexualized popular culture; and elite schoolgirls, normative femininities/sexualities and resistance.
I'm a "lot more confident" now Overall 2% Men 3% Women 2% NorthWales 2% Mid &WestWales 4% West SouthWales 4% Valleys 2% Cardiff & South EastWales 1% Social class AB 3% Social class C1 2% Social class C2 3% Social class DE 2% I'm a "little more confident" now Overall 10% Men 12% Women 8% NorthWales 9% Mid &WestWales 8% West SouthWales 12% Valleys 7% Cardiff & South EastWales 13% Social class AB 10% Social class C1 12% Social class C2 12% Social class DE 8% I feel the same now as six months ago.
Social class was categorised on a four-point scale ranging from unskilled/semi-skilled manual to professional/managerial.
'These findings imply that basic childhood skills, independent of how smart you are, how long you stay in school, or the social class you started off in, will be important throughout your life,' Ritchie and Bates wrote.
ERIC Descriptors: Mathematics Education; Mathematics Achievement; Academic Standards; Access to Education; Equal Education; Achievement Gap; Outcomes of Education; Educational Experience; Social Influences; Gender Differences; Race; Ethnicity; Socioeconomic Status; Social Class; Elementary Schools; Middle Schools; Longitudinal Studies
Release date- 22102012 - After an examination of the academic literature on social class and income, Dr John Goldthorpe from the Department of Social Policy and Intervention concludes that 'contrary to the widely accepted factoid...
Forty were from high social class and 40 from low social class.
Another important predictor in the study is social class of women which plays an important role in their satisfaction level.