The first of the Dead Sea Scrolls
were discovered near the ruins of Qumran in 1947.
The document is one of the last two of the roughly 900 Dead Sea Scrolls
- also known as the Qumran Scrolls
for the area in the West Bank where they were discovered - that had yet to be deciphered and published.
The discovery made waves as the first new evidence of scrolls
found in clay jars to be unearthed in some 60 years.
Biblical scholars examine the War scroll
, war and peace in the Dead Sea Scrolls
generally, and war and peace in early Jewish and Christian texts and interpretation.
After much deliberation, we've come to an important decision that we'd like to share: Echoes will be the last major content patch for Scrolls
," the developer explained.
A RARE and beautiful 13th-century Byzantine prayer scroll
has gone on show in Birmingham.
Tens of thousands of Torah scrolls
were also destroyed by Nazi Germany and Fascist Italy or re-used to bind books, he said.
The Dead Sea Scrolls
Digital Project allows users to examine and explore the most ancient manuscripts from the Second Temple in detail.
Concealed within the cave were scrolls
that had not been seen for 2,000 years.
19 -- Google has added new fragments to the Dead Sea Scrolls
Digital Library, including segments of Deuteronomy, such as the Ten Commandments, apart from the first chapter of the Book of Genesis, and hundreds of more 2,000-year-old texts.
This interesting and unusual volume is the brainchild of Maxine Grossman, a leader in the field of Dead Sea Scrolls
studies known for prompting serious methodological reflection among Scrolls
He offers a broad overview of major subjects in the area of the scrolls
and the Bible, especially ones that have interested him over the past several decades.
The Dead Sea Scrolls
are now accessible and searchable to the entire world online.
London, Sept 27 (ANI): The Dead Sea Scrolls
, the oldest of biblical manuscripts, are now available online after search giant Google helped digitise the ancient texts.
THE Dead Sea Scrolls
were found by a Bedouin shepherd between 1947 and 1956 in 11 caves along the north-west shore of the Dead Sea.