References in periodicals archive ?
Currently, the NSF Division of Integrative Organismal Systems and Division of Environmental Biology are piloting a pre-proposal program that requires only a one-page summary and five-page project description for review.
To explore the potential effects of increasing temperature variation in a natural community, we implemented a novel manipulation to alter local thermal regimes in the marine rocky intertidal zone, a model system for the experimental investigation of organismal responses to environmental stress.
There were guest presentations from Dr Tim Berra (Professor Emeritus of Evolution, Ecology and Organismal Biology at The Ohio State University) and local natural historian, Ian Morris.
This illustrated, 590 page compendium is comprised of thirty-two seminal research articles by experts in the field and 'covers all of the major pathways of endocytosis and postendocytic trafficking and how they regulate cellular and organismal physiology.
The fact remains that although most organismal translocation is either beneficial or of neutral effect, public perception is that it's an evil, largely because invasive species 'seem practically designed to excite public concern', being most visibly abundant in the most human-modified habitats--that is, those places where they're most likely to be seen.
Editors Rai and Posten present this compilation of research in the emerging field of "green nano" focused on production of nanoparticles using organismal machinery.
From 2009-11, he served as a program director for Integrative Organismal Systems in the Biology Directorate at NSF.
It's Alive," a regular column by life sciences writer Susan Milius on the frontiers of organismal biology, makes its print debut here.
Study's senior author, Sliman Bensmaia, PhD, assistant professor in the Department of Organismal Biology and Anatomy at the University of Chicago, said that they think the key is to invoke what we know about how the brain of the intact organism processes sensory information, and then try to reproduce these patterns of neural activity through stimulation of the brain.
We suggest that, under these conditions, low hemoglobin concentrations may lead to an acute organismal hypoxia, which causes disruptions in developmental homeostasis, such as asymmetrical feather replacement.
The advantage with necrosis is that it allows cells to actively recruit a defensive or a reparative response to regions of multicellular organisms that have sustained damage or invasion and thus, it serve as an organismal warning system of the extent of a toxic exposure.
The biologic functions of these 273 biomarkers include inflammatory disease or response, respiratory disease, cellular movement, lipid metabolism, molecular transport, immunologic disease, hematologic disease, renal and urologic disease, cell-to-cell signaling, cellular growth and proliferation, cardiovascular disease, genetic disorders, psychological disorders, metabolic disease, small molecule biochemistry, molecular transport, nutritional disease, endocrine system disorders, cell death, tissue morphology, organismal survival, lymphoid tissue structure and development, antigen presentation, tissue development, carbohydrate metabolism, organ morphology, embryonic development, behavior, and digestive system development and functions.
Although curmudgeons abound in botany and organismal biology (you know who you are), even they are finding smart phones, apps and other internet connections unavoidable.
Allison Snow, professor, Department of Evolution, Ecology, and Organismal Biology, The Ohio State University; and Dr.
Citation: "TOR Signaling Regulates Planarian Stem Cells and Controls Localized and Organismal Growth;" T.
Thesaurus browser ?
- organic brain syndrome
- organic chemistry
- organic compound
- organic disorder
- organic evolution
- organic fertiliser
- organic fertilizer
- organic law
- organic light-emitting diode
- organic phenomenon
- organic process
- organic structure
- organization chart
- organization expense
- Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons
- organization man
- Organization of American States
- Organization of Petroleum-Exporting Countries
- Organization of the Oppressed on Earth
- organized crime
- organized labor
- organized religion
- organophosphate nerve agent
Full browser ?
- Organiser Programming Language
- Organisesi Papua Merdeka
- Organisierte Kriminalitaet
- Organising & Managing Training Institute
- Organising Committee for the Olympic Games
- Organising Committees of the Olympic Games
- Organising for EU
- Organising for Fighting Unions
- Organising Medical Networked Information
- Organising Medical Networked Information
- Organismal Biology, Ecology and Evolution
- Organisme à But Non Lucratif
- Organisme Certificateur
- Organisme Conventionné
- Organisme de Coordination des Services Communautaires
- Organisme de Developpement de la Vallee de l'Artibonite
- Organisme de Justice Alternative
- Organisme de Liaision des Industries Métallliques Européennes
- Organisme de Placement Collectif en Immobilier
- Organisme de Placement Collectif en Valeurs Mobilières
- Organisme de Placements Collectifs
- Organisme de Placements Collectifs en Valeurs Mobilières
- Organisme Medico Social Vaudois
- Organisme National des Déchets Radioactifs et des Matières Fissiles
- Organisme Paritaire Agréé au Titre du Congé Individuel de Formation
- Organisme Paritaire Collecteur Agréé
- Organisme Pengganggu Tumbuhan Karantina
- Organisme pour le Registre des Intermédiaires en Assurance
- Organisme sans but Lucratif
- Organismes Environnementaux Non Gouvernementaux
- Organismes Génétiquement Modifiés
- Organismes Non Gouvernementaux En
- Organismes Paritaires Collecteurs Agrées
- Organismi di Investimento Collettivo del Risparmio
- Organismi Geneticamente Modificati