odontology


Also found in: Dictionary, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Graphic Thesaurus  🔍
Display ON
Animation ON
Legend
Synonym
Antonym
Related
  • noun

Synonyms for odontology

References in periodicals archive ?
This research was approved by the Research Ethics Committee of the School of Odontology of Piracicaba --Unicamp.
A number of reports in the field of forensic odontology have dealt with estimating chronological age in humans, living, or dead.
also offered possible solutions to these challenges: schools could consult a local medical examiner or coroner to locate forensic odontologists willing to offer support in the development and delivery of forensic classes; students could participate as volunteers in community disaster drills; forensic courses could be taught using distance educational technology, and interested faculty members could be trained through American Society of Forensic Odontology (ASFO)-accredited courses and travel to school programs to facilitate hands-on learning activities.
In odontology, the success rate of endodontic therapy is 90%, which leaves a failure rate of 10%.
Therefore, we aimed to analyze the educational practices for the Unified Health System performed by good professors, from the perspective of nursing, medical and odontology students, based on Shulman's concept of knowledge of educational ends, purposes, values and their historical and philosophical grounds, at a university in southern Brazil.
Forensic Odontology is a branch of Forensic Medicine which deals with the examination of teeth in all aspects.
of the department of odontology at Umea (Sweden) University and her associates (JAMA Intern.
Woods-Frankel is affiliated with the American Dental Society and the American Society of Forensic Odontology.
The third section addresses investigative tools: forensic anthropology and odontology, exhumation, criminal investigative analysis, wiretaps, bloodstain pattern analysis, luminol, questioned documents, polygraphs, geographic profiling, and forensic art.
Det Insp Brian Duffy of Blackrock Garda station requested copies of the postmortem and forensic odontology report.
Research studies from Malmo University's Faculty of Odontology and in The New England Journal of Medicine both suggest a correlation between oral sex and throat cancer.
A witness, who practises forensic odontology which deals with the proper handling, examination and evaluation of dental evidence, told the court on Monday that some of the bite marks on the 23- year- old reasonably matched the dental models of Ram Singh and that of Akshay, probably.
A witness, who practices forensic odontology, which deals with the proper handling, examination and evaluation of dental evidence, revealed in court on Monday that some of the bite marks on the 23-year-old reasonably matched the dental models of Ram Singh and probably that of Akshay.
Forensic odontology continues to be a crucial element in nearly all mass disasters whether natural, accidental, or intentional.