monoxide


Also found in: Dictionary, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Graphic Thesaurus  🔍
Display ON
Animation ON
Legend
Synonym
Antonym
Related
  • noun

Words related to monoxide

an oxide containing just one atom of oxygen in the molecule

References in periodicals archive ?
Carbon monoxide is a very poisonous gas which is particularly dangerous as it cannot be seen or smelt.
Statistics also show that since 2009, 24 people have died and 430 people were injured by carbon monoxide incidents in the capital.
This 'Carbon Monoxide Awareness Month', which runs every November in Northern Ireland, OFTEC is raising awareness of the dangers associated with non-maintained fuel appliances.
com/news/local-news/2017/08/02/police-officer-who-crashed-was-exposed-to-carbon-monoxide) Boston Globe , tests conducted after the incident found carbon monoxide presence in 10 department vehicles, resulting in them being pulled out of service.
According to Abhay Sinha, a lead analyst at Technavio, The increasing number of accidents and the requirement of the safety of people is propelling the demand for carbon monoxide alarms on a global scale from both, commercial and residential end-users.
The cheapest and simplest detectors only give a visual indicator - they change colour when detecting carbon monoxide, for example - but an audible alarm is much safer.
Carbon monoxide has no colour, taste or smell, which makes spotting faulty appliances hard - unless, of course, you fit carbon monoxide alarms.
The loophole means landlords in England do not have to fit a carbon monoxide detector in properties equipped with gas appliances.
Sutton Police and Fire Departments and the state Department of Fire Services continue to investigate an incident last week at a home on McGuire Road where high carbon monoxide levels were detected.
Faulty appliances that use fossil fuel (coal, gas, oil or wood) can produce carbon monoxide, a difficult to detect colourless, odourless and tasteless gas - which can also cause sudden collapse, loss of consciousness and even death.
NORTHERN Gas Networks held a session in Brookfield, Middlesbrough, to raise awareness about the dangers of carbon monoxide.
CARBON monoxide poisoning is the likely cause of the death of two fishermen from the North East, a new report has revealed.
It has always astonished me that it isn't mandatory in England and Wales to fit a carbon monoxide alarm in any house with a stove, boiler or open fire.
Carbon monoxide can leak through drywall, according to a study in the Aug.