References in periodicals archive ?
ON A RECENT AFTERNOON in one of San Francisco's hilliest neighborhoods, I experienced what it must be like to be a world-class cyclist doped to the gills on high-oxygen blood and testosterone.
AGE is no handicap for a sprightly pensioner who celebrated his 90th birthday on one of the region's hilliest golf courses.
My day only happened to be the hilliest of all three, and the coldest and wettest.
There were ethnic disparities in extent of usage, with the ethnic group that used the hospital least living in the hilliest terrain.
In March earlier this year I ran in the Dentdale 14-mile race which was a huge achievement for me and the furthest (and hilliest) I've ever ran.
Of the six global American cities, San Francisco is the outlier; not just the hilliest city, it is also the smallest in area.
Recognizing the danger of losing a golden opportunity, Bennett and Myers platted the hilliest part of the Broken Box Ranch, naming their new town site "Fremont." Its 30 blocks and 766 lots showed no regard for topography, as can still be observed by flatlanders who gasp their way up and down the hilly streets of what was once Fremont (now a part of modern-day Cripple Creek).
Orcas is the largest and hilliest of the San Juans: At 2,409 feet Mt.
(10) This is the hilliest portion of the county and the most heavily populated.
Parents will get the offbeat, slightly black humor (the show is about a handicapped kid set in America's hilliest city, and Pelswick tweaks politically correct language by referring to himself as "permanently seated"), and small fries will dig the loopy characters.
The women, who ran the course last weekend, described it as one of the hardest and hilliest 26-mile 385-yard routes they have ever encountered.
Walking plows and oxen are hardly found except in the hilliest of terrain, while John Deere tractors now dominate the plains.
Staff from the company, of Dane Road, Stoke, cycled from Solihull to Oxford, taking in some of the hilliest parts of the Cotswolds, raising more pounds 1,000 for medical research charity Action Research.
t Huddersfield has to be one of the hilliest towns in the country.
He learned that second to San Francisco, Fitchburg is the second hilliest city in the United States.
Thesaurus browser ?
- hike up
- Hilaire Belloc
- Hilaire Germain Edgar Degas
- Hilary Clinton
- Hilary Rodham Clinton
- Hilbert space
- hill myna
- hillbilly music
- Himalaya honeysuckle
- Himalaya Mountains
- Himalayan cedar
- Himalayan lilac
- Himalayan rhubarb
- Himantoglossum hircinum
- Himantopus himantopus
- Himantopus himantopus leucocephalus
- Himantopus mexicanus
- Himantopus novae-zelandiae
- Himantopus stilt
Full browser ?
- Hiller, Stanley, Jr.
- Hillerman, Tony
- Hillerød municipality
- Hillery clinton
- Hillestrom, Pehr
- Hilleström, Pehr
- Hillfield-Strathallan College
- Hillgen-Santa Financial Group
- Hilliard City School District
- Hilliard Middle-Senior High School
- Hilliard Youth Lacrosse Association
- Hilliard, Henry Washington
- Hilliard, Nicholas
- Hilliary Clinton
- Hillier, James
- Hillingdon (town)
- Hillingdon (town)
- Hillingdon Action Group for Addiction Management
- Hillingdon African Caribbean Community Association
- Hillingdon Allotment and Horticultural Federation
- Hillingdon Association of Voluntary Services
- Hillingdon Centre for Independent Living
- Hillingdon Design and Accessibility Statement
- Hillingdon Education Business Partnership
- Hillingdon Grid for Learning
- Hillingdon Independent Wheelchair User Group
- Hillis'Dineen, Madalyn
- Hillis, David S
- Hillis, David S.
- Hillis, Margaret
- Hillis-Muller maneuver
- Hillman Car Club of South Australia
- Hillman Morgan Financial Solutions Pty. Ltd.
- Hillman State Park
- Hillman, James
- Hillman, Sidney