References in periodicals archive ?
"It's the natural response of anyone who gets really excited in the spring, finds themselves in a garden centre and falls in love with a beautiful spring flowering kerria or forsythia, gets home, puts it in the garden and then wonders why it doesn't look as beautiful as it did in the garden centre.
The forsythia is much underrated - but in the last few years there have been many good new variations.
Pop a forsythia into your garden and brighten it up for years to come.
I usually place three or four in the area where I would like a new plant - and with Forsythias, you can expect at least 75 per cent to take root.
YOU can't have failed to notice how good the humble Forsythia is looking as it comes into flower this year.
I would recommend that you regularly prune out some of the oldest and greyest stems of your forsythias. This allows more new growth, which takes a full 12 months to mature, before starting to produce side shoots that will flower the following season.
THE forsythia outside my office window has finished flowering and almost overnight become green with foliage.
Forsythias and lilacs benefit from an annual pruning that removes one-third of the biomass of the plant to stimulate renewal growth, whereas, rhododendrons and azaleas seem to prefer to be left alone.
Forsythiae fructus (FE), a fruit of Forsythia suspensa (Thunb) Va hi that possesses antibacterial (Yang et al.
Weeping forsythia extract that extracted from Forsythiae fruc-tus (FF) has been officially recorded (Chinese Pharmacopoeia Commission 2010), and its preparations, such as Shuang-Huang-Lian freeze-dried powders of injection, Jie-Re-Du injection, Shuang-Huang-Lian oral liquid.
Forsythia suspensa extract was prepared using the method described by Wang et al.
Bacteriostatic activities of Forsythia suspense extract in vitro
The well-known and much-planted forsythia offers several upright, mounded, cold-hardy variegated leaved plants.
You often see strong upright branches developing during the year in forsythia bushes.
There are seven species of Forsythia originating from Asia but most are nothing really to write home about.
Thesaurus browser ?
- Forssman antibody
- Fort George G. Meade
- Fort George Gordon Meade
- Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Meade
- Fort Myers
- Fort Smith
- Fort Ticonderoga
- fort up
- Fort Wayne
- Fort Worth
- Forth River
Full browser ?
- Forsyth County Environmental Affairs Department
- Forsyth County Public Library System
- Forsyth County Republican Women
- Forsyth County School System
- Forsyth County Sheriff's Office
- Forsyth County YMCA
- Forsyth County, GA
- Forsyth County, Georgia
- Forsyth County, NC
- Forsyth County, North Carolina
- Forsyth Early Childhood Partnership
- Forsyth Medical Center Foundation
- Forsyth School for Dental Hygienists
- Forsyth School Media Association
- Forsyth Tech Community College
- Forsyth Township Public Library
- Forsyth, Alexander John
- Forsyth, Frederick
- Forsyth, Frederick
- Forsyth, John
- Forsyth-Sinning Formula
- Forsythe Edwards Notation
- Forsythe Refuge
- Forsythe, William
- Forsythe/McArthur Associates, Incorporated
- Forsythia suspensa
- Fort Abercrombie
- Fort Abercrombie State Historic Site
- Fort Abercrombie State Historical Park
- Fort Abraham Lincoln
- Fort Abraham Lincoln State Park
- Fort Adams State Park
- Fort Albany
- Fort Alcatraz
- Fort Alexandrovsk
- Fort Alexandrovsky
- Fort Ancient Valley Conference
- Fort Anne
- Fort Anne National Historic Park
- Fort Anne National Historic Site
- Fort Apache Heritage Foundation
- Fort Apache Indian Reservation
- Fort Apache Timber Company
- Fort Archambault
- Fort Atkinson High School
- Fort Atkinson Memorial Health Services
- Fort Atkinson Police Department
- Fort Atkinson State Historical Park
- Fort Atkinson State Preserve
- Fort Augustus Golf Club
- Fort Augustus Rally Team