References in periodicals archive ?
"You must bring proof of the forename to any of our booking offices to qualify for the offer, and Archie/Archibald will be given a 'freedom of the line' ticket valid for the whole day, including entry into the Engine House."
Looking back at the register in 1900, more than 68 per cent of boys were given a forename in the top 10 while in 2017, just 12.5 per cent were.
Therefore, from the perspective of civil law, the name represents the reunion of two non-patrimonial civil subjective rights of an individual, the right to a surname and the right to a forename. Thus, unjustifiably, the component elements of the only right recognized as such by law, the right to a name, reached the status of independent rights.
Indeed, the government's "Personal Names Act" of 1996 specifically stipulates: "If a forename or family name which the child is to be given is not on the Personal Names Register, then the minister or head of the religious denomination may neither approve it provisionally nor give it to the child at baptism; instead, the matter shall be referred to the Personal Names Committee."
Key Blatter fact of the day: because he is known as Sepp, most people completely forget that his first name is Joseph, which is coincidentally the same forename as that of murderous dictator Stalin.
Forename Stature Weight P = [square root of 4,95xG] x (cm) kg [square root of D] kg/s 1 Mihaita A 163 64 122- satisfactory 2 Duta M..
Lastly, there was the patronymic system of taking the father's forename as the child's surname.
Seyam sued for the right to name his sixth child "Jihad" after a registry in Berlin rejected his application on the grounds that the name could "endanger the child." In February, a court overturned the decision on the grounds that Jihad is "a recognized male forename in the Arab world and loved by Muslims." The German Interior Ministry is appealing the decision.
Under-16s are allowed one change of forename and surname.
It may be the case that the mixed findings in the Stanhope and Cohen (1993) study were due to the use of faces acting as cues for the forenames. This test was more likely to measure participants' ability to associate a face with a given forename, thereby testing models of name retrieval rather than directly testing memory for forenames per se (which was the author's primary motivation).
"Uniquely among Irish counties, 'Tyrone' has become a popular US forename.
It will also be possible to search by forename only (an important facility for those looking for female ancestors without knowing their maiden name).
Adding the word "e" ("and") between his forename and surname, Boetti asserted the division of the self, echoing the strategy of doubling by dividing in half ("raddoppiare dimezzando"), which he demonstrated in purely formal terms in an untitled cut-paper collage of 1973: A rectangle has been cut in half, then one of the resulting halves has been cut in half, and so on.
The author, or authors, of an article is identified by surname and one forename. Although the editors may substitute a title of their own choosing, the author of a paper should suggest a title of about eight words.
Thesaurus browser ?
- Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act
- Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court
- foreign legion
- foreign minister
- foreign mission
- Foreign Office
- foreign policy
- Foreign Service
- foreign terrorist organization
- forensic medicine
- forensic pathology
Full browser ?
- Foremast hand
- Foremen's Schools and Classes
- Foremost Corporation of America
- Forenede Danske Motorejere
- Forenede Danske Zoneterapeuter
- Forenede Gamle Druidorden
- Forenede Nationer
- Föreninegn för Utvecklingsfrågor
- Förening För Sveriges Ungdomsmottagningar
- Foreningen 2 Foreldre
- Foreningen af Danske Biologer
- Foreningen Af Filmudlejere I Danmark
- Foreningen af Husholdnings-Apparat Forhandlere
- Foreningen af Kommunale Beredskabschefer
- Foreningen af Kristne Friskoler
- Foreningen af Kroniske Smertepatienter
- Foreningen af Studerende Muslimer
- Foreningen Af Sygeplejevikarbureauer I Danmark
- Foreningen af Yngre Forskere
- Föreningen Anhöriga Till Sexuellt Utnyttjade Barn
- Foreningen Asfalt og Veiservice
- Foreningen Danmarks Flyvehistoriske Museum
- Foreningen Danske Detektiver og Erhvervsefterforskere
- Foreningen Danske Olieberedskabslagre
- Foreningen for Dansk Internethandel
- Foreningen for Den Allsidige Travhesten