According to police, the deceased was passing near the pylon when he received severe electrical shock
and died instantly.
If a person is going to help someone who has sustained a high voltage shock, he or she needs to be very careful not to become a second victim of a similar electrical shock
. If a high voltage line has fallen to the ground, there may be a circle of current spreading out from the tip of the line, especially if the earth is wet or if the voltage line contacts water.
While on detachment to Naval Air Station Fallon, Nev., after a fellow maintenance Sailor had received a severe electrical shock
from aircraft 504's nose wheel grounding point with power applied from the ground power station.
Apple's statement says: "In very rare cases, affected Apple two-prong wall plug adapters may break and create a risk of electrical shock
* Electrical shock
protection via protective separation of up to 1,800 V AC/DC.
The ANSI/ UL electrical safety standards for Class 2 devices look at voltage levels of exposed parts of electrical products to prevent an electrical shock
, and current levels to prevent fires.
Scientists optically stimulated a group of nerves in a rat's brain that had been genetically modified to make them sensitive to light, while simultaneously delivering an electrical shock
to the animal's foot.
* Electrical shock
. Exposed electrical connections, a poorly grounded generator, a vehicular antenna touching overhead power lines--any of these can deliver a lethal shock.
Two percent were from Germany and Italy, Bulgarian were 1%.A The RAPEX data shows that since 2012 the number of dangerous products made in the EU has been decreasing.A In 25% of the cases consumers complained from clothes and textile products, 25% from toys, 9% from electrical appliances, 7% from vehicles and 4% from cosmetic products.A The most frequent problems were injury (23%), choking (14%), electrical shock
(12%) and suffocation (9%).A The total number of alerts for dangerous goods in EU in 2013 was 2364 and in 1981 of them the danger was considerable.
Reported cases of hearing loss and facial nerve paralysis associated with low-voltage electrical shock
are rare, and minimal information is available about this circumstance.
The lab contained a realistically electrical shock
| GAZA, Jan 12 (KUNA) -- A Palestinian worker died due to an electrical shock
inside an underground tunnel across border line of Gaza Strip early on Sunday, according to local radio stations.
Now instead of waiting for medics, hotel staff will be able to use the electrical shock
boxes themselves if a guest collapses.
The family of a man who died from electrical shock
at the Hilton Houston Westchase Hotel in Houston, Texas, has filed a lawsuit against the hotel citing negligence of "epic proportions" reports Global Travel Industry News.
The Ministry of Labour investigated the incident and found that Algoma Tubes failed as an employer to ensure that the workers used rubber gloves, mats, shields or other protective equipment and procedures adequate to ensure protection from electrical shock
and burns while performing the work.