The inquest heard Mr Davies, who slept on a bed in the downstairs living room, was "an habitual user of an electric blanket
for extended periods".
Pensioners in Warwickshire are being warned to take care with electric blankets
after almost half of those tested in the county were found to be unsafe.
PEOPLE on Merseyside are at serious risk from faulty electric blankets
, fire chiefs have warned.
Commenting on Wertheimer andLeeper's bed study, Sagan agrees that "the use of electric blankets
deserves some attention, because it is an important source of magnetic radiation to the public.
We were aware that there could be some potential risks about electric blankets
but not on this scale.
Never use a hot water bottle and an electric blanket
together as you could electrocute yourself.
WOMEN who use electric blankets
to keep warm at night are more at risk of cancer of the womb, according to a study.
issued a voluntary recall of some electric blankets
Leslie Smith, of School Lane, Hints, near Tamworth, Staffordshire, was killed last year in a New Year's Eve blaze started by a faulty electric blanket
These can be avoided by simply getting your electric blanket
Sensible suggestions of course, but why then is it no longer possible to have an electric blanket
He said: "It is important that everyone be safe this winter, and I would urge anyone with an electric blanket
to come along to one of our customer service centres next week and get it checked.
It is never worth putting your life at risk for the cost of an electric blanket
, and you should never buy one that's second-hand.
He said: "An electric blanket
should be serviced every three years but I don't think many people do that.
A spokesman said: "Take the opportunity to get your electric blanket
checked for free at one of this year's safety events.