drive

(redirected from drivable)
Also found in: Dictionary, Medical, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
Graphic Thesaurus  🔍
Display ON
Animation ON
Legend
Synonym
Antonym
Related
  • all
  • verb
  • noun
  • phrase

Synonyms for drive

Synonyms for drive

to force to move or advance with or as if with blows or pressure

to urge to move along

Synonyms

to move or advance against strong resistance

to run and control (a motor vehicle)

to set or keep going

to force to work

Synonyms

to exert one's mental or physical powers, usually under difficulty and to the point of exhaustion

to cause to penetrate with force

to fix (an idea, for example) in someone's mind by reemphasis and repetition

to look for and pursue (game) in order to capture or kill it

a trip in a motor vehicle

an organized effort to accomplish a purpose

an aggressive readiness along with energy to undertake taxing efforts

Synonyms for drive

the act of applying force to propel something

a mechanism by which force or power is transmitted in a machine

a road leading up to a private house

hitting a golf ball off of a tee with a driver

the act of driving a herd of animals overland

a journey in a vehicle (usually an automobile)

a physiological state corresponding to a strong need or desire

a wide scenic road planted with trees

Synonyms

Related Words

(sports) a hard straight return (as in tennis or squash)

operate or control a vehicle

travel or be transported in a vehicle

force into or from an action or state, either physically or metaphorically

to compel or force or urge relentlessly or exert coercive pressure on, or motivate strongly

cause to move back by force or influence

compel somebody to do something, often against his own will or judgment

Related Words

push, propel, or press with force

Related Words

cause to move rapidly by striking or throwing with force

strive and make an effort to reach a goal

move into a desired direction of discourse

Synonyms

Related Words

have certain properties when driven

Synonyms

Related Words

work as a driver

Related Words

move by being propelled by a force

urge forward

Related Words

strike with a driver, as in teeing off

hit very hard, as by swinging a bat horizontally

excavate horizontally

cause to function by supplying the force or power for or by controlling

Related Words

hunting: search for game

hunting: chase from cover into more open ground

References in periodicals archive ?
The metropolitan Washington region is only 2 percent walkable urban land; the other 98 percent is low-density drivable suburban.
"As for determining whether the vehicle is in a drivable condition or not, it is established that such decision falls within the authority of vehicles licensing and registration authorities in the country, and not of the customs departments operating in the UAE.
At the same time, real-world demonstration programs like Ford's drivable multi-material lightweight vehicle concept are valuable to further highlight the performance gains that can come from an advanced approach like PC glazing and to ultimately help validate and speed up its wide-scale adoption," said Scott Fallon, General Manager, Automotive, SABIC's Innovative Plastics business.
The Massachusetts-based company is hoping to market its drivable airplane to pilots, who detest being grounded by bad weather or have difficulty traveling after they land, the report said.
"This was keeping in line with Bose's well-known abstract idiom, this vivid, drivable installation evokes the myriad colours and emotions of India," said Shivajirao Gaekwar of Saffronart, in the report.
Chabanov said that the Kamaz Harutyunyan drove was not drivable. "It might have been a brake failure.
The vehicles are drivable but aren't certified to go on roads.
Once applied, the finish is foot-traffic ready in just ten hours and drivable in four days.
The forward tee makes the green drivable - though maybe not for me - but a lake down the right makes the shot a risk.
* Back-drivable (4:1) and non-back drivable (31:1) versions.
Despite its wild lines and bizarre shape, the XNR was--and still is--a real, drivable automobile.
Here, a sign showed how the normally drivable route was now submerged by 3ft of water that was a good 15 yards wide.
About 35 homes can't be lived in and 53 vehicles are not drivable.
"Many times the car is still drivable, so they wait," says Jeremy Bowler, senior director of the insurance practice at J.D.
There is also one diesel - a 1.9 with 150bhp which is decidedly drivable and extremely economical.