References in periodicals archive ?
To understand the place occupied by Chelcicky in the early fifteenth century, we must also understand the place of subjects among whom he is: those who gathered on Mount Tabor and who attended and participated of the first defenestration of Prague.
The defenestration of the traditional approach to education has had serious implications not just for education but also for political economy.
Henriksen, "Alcoholic liver injury: defenestration in noncirrhotic livers--a scanning electron microscopic study," Hepatology, vol.
Nobody foresaw the amplitude of anger swelling into defenestration.
This follows the defenestration of the free-market finance minister earlier this week.
Tellingly, Sdech Kan not only embodies the 'man of merit' whose virtues are intimately connected to traditional notions of authority and moral order in Buddhist Southeast Asia, but is also believed to have achieved power by toppling an unjust king--an obvious parallel to Prime Minister Hun Sen's defenestration of Prince Norodom Ranariddh from the governing coalition in 1997.
Septimus, the hopeless isolato, chooses suicide by defenestration and impalement.
First, and relatively unexpectedly, at least for all those people who'd been heavily backing both Nigel Adkins and Mark Hughes to lose their jobs and force payment on this season's Sack Race market, we had the defenestration of Roberto Di Matteo in favour of Rafael Benitez at Chelsea in a definite case of the Europe's luckiest manager replacing Europe's second luckiest manager.
A lack of sunspots may lead to a mini-ice age, the retreat of citrus trees and the scourge of scurvy, defenestration of Prague and the Thirty Years War (9).
Exsanguination failed so let's try defenestration." With this cryptic handwritten message, the police ruled out foul play in the death of Roberto Aragon, 35, a jobless man who plunged from the fifth floor of a mall's parking lot in Pasig City on Wednesday.
The experience between the defenestration of Dinesh Trivedi as railway minister and that of the protest against the price rise of diesel and the introduction of FDI in retail would have been sufficient to convince even the most optimist of people, that Mamata's exit was a matter of time.
Prague, the old Jewish quarter and cemetery and the defenestration
Wilson points to evidence that Europeans themselves in the 17th century believed the war was religious in character, initiated with the Defenestration of Prague and ending with the Peace of Westphalia.
If all of us will be grateful to Wilson for leading us into a learned, guided tour of the arcane legal and political structures of the imperial state, or for emphasizing convincingly the importance of the Turkish War that left Habsburg financially and politically bankrupt at the eve of the Defenestration of Prague, religious historians will particularly admire chapters such as "Religion and Imperial Law" (41-48), with its subtle analysis of the conflicting interpretations of the Peace of Augsburg, "Confession and Imperial Politics to 1608" (207-24), in which he follows the vicissitudes of the ever elusive international Protestant alliance, or the rivalry between Saxony and the Palatinate, the two leading German Protestant states.
Thesaurus browser ?
- defective pleading
- defence force
- defence mechanism
- defence policy
- defence program
- defence reaction
- defence system
- Defender of the Faith
- defending team
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency
- defense attorney
- defense contractor
- Defense Department
- defense force
- Defense Information Systems Agency
- Defense Intelligence Agency
- defense laboratory
- defense lawyer
- defense lawyers
- Defense Logistics Agency
- defense mechanism
- defense policy
- defense program
- defense reaction
- Defense Reutilization and Marketing Service
- Defense Secretary
- defense system
- defense team
- Defense Technical Information Center
Full browser ?
- Defending Brotherhood of Zore
- Defending Complex Core Networks from Attacks
- Defending Quality Public Services
- defending team
- defending team
- Defending the Blue Line
- Defending the Digital Domain
- Defenestration of Prague
- Defensa Civil
- Defensa Contra Las Artes Oscuras
- Defensa de Niñas y Niños Internacional
- Defensa y Conservacion Ecologica de Intag
- Defense & Security Technology Accelerator
- Defense & Space Talks
- Defense / Industry E3 Standards Committee
- Defense Academy for Credibility Assessment
- Defense Accession Data Systems Integration Working Group
- Defense Accountability, Reutilization and Disposal Program
- Defense Accounting and Disbursing System
- Defense Accounting Classification Crosswalk
- Defense Accounting Office
- Defense Accounting System
- Defense Acquisition
- Defense Acquisition & Reports Control
- Defense Acquisition and Program Administration
- Defense Acquisition Automated Cost Information Management System
- Defense Acquisition Board
- Defense Acquisition Board Readiness Meeting