(redirected from chimney flue)
Also found in: Dictionary, Medical, Encyclopedia.
Graphic Thesaurus  🔍
Display ON
Animation ON
  • noun

Synonyms for flue

Synonyms for flue

flat bladelike projection on the arm of an anchor

organ pipe whose tone is produced by air passing across the sharp edge of a fissure or lip

a conduit to carry off smoke

References in periodicals archive ?
Large (16-inch-diameter) flowerpot, 16-inch chimney flue tile, or purchased metal base
Even more importantly, leaving the chimney flue open all the time sends the warm air in your house straight up the chimney.
Key historic features will be preserved, including the original kiosk in the entrance area, the iconic chimney flue, balconies and tiling.
A WOMAN almost died after a plastic shopping bag thrown on to a lit fire blocked a chimney flue.
8 The Raven (15) Baltimore detective Emmett Fields (Luke Evans) investigates a double murder in a supposedly locked room, where one girl's body is discovered wedged in the chimney flue.
However, she said she has not had the chimney flue cleaned since moving-in three years ago.
Blyth crew manager Hugh Lacey was in charge of a crew which dealt with a blaze in a chimney flue in a house in Princes Gardens.
Either one will tell you whether you have to install a new chimney flue or liner, or point to any other moisture source that may be causing the excessive efflorescence.
It was started by a defective chimney flue which let heat build up and once the fire started, the rest of the house went up in flames very quickly.
Chimney flue pipes serve as pedestals for terra-cotta pots; short lengths of aspen branches driven into the ground create a rustic edging around flower beds.
After watching the wind blow off shingles, he saw the chimney flue lying on the ground.
The day before the body of Paddy Lavery, 71, was discovered alongside his pet Jack Russell dog Tiny, the Housing Executive had removed the real coal fire and blocked up the chimney flue at the bungalow.
And Glen, from Washington, died in a Sunderland flat in 1993 because of a blocked chimney flue.
SMOKE rising through the floorboards of a house in Braithwaite Road Spark-brook, Birmingham, was traced to a faulty chimney flue.
Alwyn Roberts, 56, and his 54-year-old wife, Shirley, died because the chimney flue from their solid fuel stove was blocked.