References in periodicals archive ?
The fact that many women were getting short shrift from their brothers and husbands who were not including them in the genealogies did not accord with Gende card-playing ethics (which provided for the inclusion of women in card games), nor with the Gende system of balanced exchanges in which all members of society were encouraged to participate.
The card-playing trick all began with Jilli, another Yorkie that Caran found on the street near his Huntington, Long Island home nine years ago.
She was Christian by faith, and a member of the Red Hat Society and various card-playing clubs.
Televised and online poker games have upped the odds for the card-playing craze.
But Yvonne Turner, of civil service union Prospect, said the card-playing ban at the site - which she said was also going through a cost-cutting programme - was "way over the top".
The sexy actress reveals she has a crush on the actor, and fantasises that she's a card-playing spy who gets steamy with his 007.
Players pitted their card-playing skills against each other.
They can dip in to appreciate some wonderful card-playing nuggets."
SO farewell to Puggy Pearson, the man who invented the 'freeze-out' style of card-playing adopted by the World Series Of Poker.
He is investing in the pounds 3.1 million Ithaca, to be opened in September in Manchester city centre by one of his card-playing pals, ARNIE S.
These include archaeologists choosing which quadrants of a large area to survey; a choreographer selecting the order, timing, and placement of dance steps; online card-playing sites shuffling their virtual decks; the U.S.
He said: "I have to say that I noticed how tired the England players looked during the European Championship and you cannot help wondering if all the card-playing had something to do with it."
Card-playing spies may have more than a trick up their sleeve.
Evenings of card-playing were common from the 1910s through the 1930s.
The book also recounts the pair's card-playing days at Millwall, the report said.
Thesaurus browser ?
- cardioid microphone
- cardiopulmonary arrest
- cardiopulmonary exercise
- cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Cardiospermum grandiflorum
- Cardiospermum halicacabum
- cardiovascular disease
- cardiovascular system
- Cardium edule
- Carduelis cannabina
- Carduelis carduelis
- Carduelis cucullata
- Carduelis flammea
- Carduelis hornemanni
- Carduelis spinus
- Carduus crispus
- Carduus nutans
- care a hang
- care delivery
- care for
- career counseling
Full browser ?
- CARD-containing inhibitor of Nod1 and Cardiak-induced NF-kB activation
- CARD-containing interleukin-1 beta-converting enzyme-associated kinase
- CARD-containing MAGUK 2 protein
- CARD-containing MAGUK 3 protein
- CARD-containing MAGUK protein 1
- CARD-containing MAGUK protein 2
- CARD-containing MAGUK protein 3
- CARD-containing molecule enhancing NF-kappa-B
- CARD-containing molecule enhancing NF-kB
- CARD-containing proapoptotic protein
- card-edge connector
- Card-Image Editor
- Card-Image Public Access Catalogues
- CARD-inhibitor of NF-kappa-B-activating ligand
- CARD-like apoptotic protein
- card-maguk protein 1
- card-maguk protein 2
- Card-Monroe Corporation
- CARD15-like protein
- CARDA Coordination Center