The most common symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning
are headache, dizziness, weakness, upset stomach, vomiting, chest pain and confusion.
Following an investigation and taking into account the medical tests, the fire service said there had not been a gas leak at the home and that the family had fallen ill from carbon monoxide poisoning
produced by the fireplace and a gas heater.
"Examples include heart disease and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and if you have these you might mistake the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning
for an exacerbation of your existing medical condition, and not seek help.
In this study, we aimed to evaluate the correlation between clinical severity, morbidity, length of hospital stay, intensive care need, and full systemic effects, especially cardiac and neurological toxicity, and laboratory parameters in patients who were followed up and treated for carbon monoxide poisoning
in our pediatric emergency clinic.
Al Essai explains that carbon monoxide poisoning
is so dangerous because the signs and symptoms can be easy to miss.
"[My father] mistook the signs of carbon monoxide poisoning
for the symptoms of flu," said Emma.
In December 2017, a schoolgirl died of carbon monoxide poisoning
while having sex with her boyfriend in a car inside a garage while the engine was running.
Dominic Jenkins, Senior Consultant in Emergency Medicine and Deputy Chair for Clinical Affairs at HMC, warns residents of the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning
and the particular danger of burning wood and charcoal indoors.
During 2010-2015, a total of 2,244 deaths resulted from unintentional carbon monoxide poisoning
, with the highest numbers of deaths each year occurring in winter months.
MILLIONS of Brits are in danger of carbon monoxide poisoning
because they do not have an alarm.
A case of carbon monoxide poisoning
is presented with unusual complications; some of which have not been reported previously.
A MAN has died and two people were in hospital last night after suffering suspected carbon monoxide poisoning
in a holiday chalet.
Carbon monoxide is often referred to as the silent killer as it has no smell, colour or taste, making it difficult to detect and resulting in about 50 deaths in the UK each year, as well as thousands of people needing medical treatment for carbon monoxide poisoning
LOOSE WOMEN has teamed up with a mother who lost two children to carbon monoxide poisoning
to raise awareness of the danger.