atopic eczema


Also found in: Dictionary, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Graphic Thesaurus  🔍
Display ON
Animation ON
Legend
Synonym
Antonym
Related
  • noun

Synonyms for atopic eczema

a severe form of dermatitis characterized by atopy

Related Words

References in periodicals archive ?
Of 132 of the children, 35% were later diagnosed with atopic eczema, and the rate in the probiotic group, 23%, was half the 46% rate in the placebo group.
A complex interaction of genetic, environmental and immunological factors has been implicated in the pathogenesis of atopic eczema.
Guidelines for treatment of atopic eczema (atopic dermatitis) part I.
In our study 7 (70%) patients had first episode of atopic eczema during pregnancy and remaining 4 (30%) patients with AEP had exacerbation of pre-existing atopic dermatitis.
Ethan was born prematurely at 27 weeks and has since been diagnosed with chronic lung disease, various allergies as well as atopic eczema - which all blight his young life.
USPRwire, Mon Nov 09 2015] Atopic dermatitis or atopic eczema is the most common type of eczema.
Failure of oral zinc supplementation in atopic eczema.
The intensely itchy rash that is typical of atopic eczema usually appears first in infancy and often disappears later in childhood.
Atopic in the term atopic eczema is simply an indicator of the frequent association of this condition with atopy and the need to separate this clinical phenotype from other forms of eczema.
This review examined the effect of psychological and educational interventions in the care of children with atopic eczema.
These chemicals can induce allergic reactions such as urticarial (hives)--a raised, itchy red rash--swelling of the lips, tongue, eyes and/or face, abdominal pains, vomiting, diarrhea or atopic eczema when the skin becomes dry and cracked.
conventional therapy in usual care of atopic eczema in children: long-term medical and economic outcomes.
Atopic eczema, the most common form, affects about 10-20% of schoolchildren and 3-5% of adults in the UK and is becoming increasingly common.
Summary: Atopic eczema is also known as dry skin eczema and childhood eczema.
Atopic dermatitis (AD), also known as atopic eczema is a chronic, relapsing, inflammatory skin disease that can cause significant physical, psychological and social stress for patients and their families.