References in periodicals archive ?
Fall army worm (Spodoptera frugiperda) belonging to the order Lepidoptera; Noctuidae family, is an alien, invasive moth insect pest native to the tropical and subtropical regions of the Americas.
Trichogramma Wasps lay their eggs in the eggs of the army worms, which kills them.
Parasitoids of army worm such as tachinids, ichneumonids, eulophids,chalcids and braconid wasps parasitize it.
Army worms, which can grow to around 5 cm in length, are moth caterpillars and when present in large numbers can destroy swathes of vegetation and crops.
A second study compared mtDNA with a tandem-repeat sequence called FR (for Fall army worm Rice strain), which was reported to be localized to the sex-chromosomes and present in large clusters only in the rice-strain genome of the Mississippi populations tested (Lu et al.
They are studying which plants a beet army worm prefers for egg laying.
detection of indigenous and established pests to aid control efforts (bertha army worm trapping in Canadian canola fields, and monitoring of codling moth in many apple and pear producing areas).
Farmers will be given incentives such as subsidised seeds, fertiliser and fall army worm pesticides, benefit from subsidised drying facilities at the NCPB depots, get affordable credit, warehouse receipt system, lime and agrochemicals as motivation.
A female army worm can lay about 800 to 1,000 eggs that could hatch into million worms.
One site suggested that attracting natural predators like wasps and beetles will normally control army worm outbreaks.
Due to lack of proper check by the government bodies regarding the authenticity of the seeds it was discovered that none of the 71 Bt cotton varieties they tested contained the required level of toxin needed to kill two types of pests - army worm and bollworm.
Attack of American worm, Army worm, Red worm and others could pose a serious threat to cotton production experts suggested the growers to properly check the crop twice a week.
However, there is no variety of bio-technology (BT) in the world which provides 100% immunity against army worm, he added.
Interestingly, during the army worm invasion last year that troubled farmers across the country, Mr Majanga used tobacco to keep off the destructive pests from his farm at the college.
She noted that the forum has been of great help to farmers affected by the fall army worm as they are able to get solutions from their counterparts in regions that were hit first.
Thesaurus browser ?
- arms manufacturer
- arms race
- army ant
- army attache
- army base
- army brat
- army corps
- army cutworm
- army engineer
- Army for the Liberation of Rwanda
- Army High Performance Computing Research Center
- army hut
- Army Intelligence
- Army National Guard
- Army of Muhammad
- Army of the Confederacy
- Army of the Pure
- Army of the Righteous
- army officer
- army tank
- army unit
- army worm
- Arna Wendell Bontemps
- arnica bud
- Arnica cordifolia
- Arnica montana
- Arno River
- Arnold Daniel Palmer
- Arnold Gesell
- Arnold Joseph Toynbee
- Arnold Lucius Gesell
- Arnold Palmer
- Arnold Schoenberg
- Arnold Schonberg
- Arnold Toynbee
- Arnold-Chiari deformity
- Arnoseris minima
- aroeira blanca
- arolla pine
Full browser ?
- Army War College Corresponding Studies Course
- Army War Reserve
- Army War Reserve Deployment System
- Army War Reserve Pre-Positioned Set
- Army War Reserve Stock
- Army War Reserve Support Command
- Army War Reserve Sustainment
- Army War Reserves Command
- Army Warehouse Control System
- Army Warfighter Experiment
- Army Warfighting Challenge
- Army Warfighting Simulation
- Army Warrior Tasks
- Army Watercraft Management Action Group
- Army Watercraft Restructuring Plan
- Army Web Risk Assessment Cell
- Army Weight Control Program
- Army Welfare Education Society
- Army Welfare Housing Organization
- Army Welfare Trust
- Army Wholesale Logistic System
- Army Wife Talk Radio
- Army Wife Toddler Mom
- Army Wives Welfare Association
- Army Working Capital Fund
- Army Working Capital Fund - Supply Management Army
- Army Workload and Performance System
- Army Worldwide Environmental and Energy Conference
- Army Worldwide Information System
- Army Worldwide Information System Movement Required Generation
- army worm
- army worms
- Army Wounded Warrior Program
- Army WWMCCS Information System
- Army Yachting Node
- Army's Best Mofo's
- Army's Joint Fires and Effects Trainer System
- Army's Mobility Opportunity & Development Program
- Army's Soldier Systems Center
- Army, Navy & Air Force Veterans in Canada
- Army, Navy Electronics Evaluation Group
- Army, United States Department of the
- Army-Air Force Clemency and Parole Board
- Army-Air Force Wage Board
- Army-Marine Corps Board
- Army-Navy Communications Intelligence Board
- Army-Navy Communications Intelligence Coordinating Committee
- Army-Navy Country Club
- Army-Navy Fixed, Radar, Search
- Army-Navy Instrumentation Program
- Army-Navy Joint Specifications Board
- Army-Navy Munitions Board
- Army-Navy retractors
- Army-Navy Shipping Information Agency
- Army-Navy-Air Force
- Army-standard Information Management System
- Army-wide Devices Automated Management
- Army-wide Doctrinal and Training Literature