References in periodicals archive ?
She most recently worked as an archivist at the provincial archives of New Brunswick, and previously taught history at the University of Prince Edward Island, the University of New Brunswick (Fredericton), the University of Ottawa, and Carleton University.
Archivists are frequently challenged by the technical expertise, subject matter knowledge, time, and resource requirements needed to solve the broad set of challenges sure to be faced by the archival profession.
The archivist said: "We have been working with the harbour board for the past four years to survey what's inside the room and start the cataloguing process.
Her professional career began in 1968 as Huddersfield's Archivist and Local History Librarian, a post which she held when the borough was absorbed into Kirklees and retained under the new authority.
Top team Archivist Pam McNicol flanked by Neil Dickson and Emma Boyd
Records are kept in the order that the creator had them, and if original order has been disturbed the archivist attempts to return them to original order if possible.
Part 1, "Rethinking Histories and Theories," presents theories of archival practice and essays on the history of women archivists in England, archival description, and the concept of "archival silence." Part 2, "Engaging Records and Archives," presents histories of the creation and use of archives.
"What made Texas unique is that they've gone from really being behind to being real leaders now in the area of digital archives in a state government environment," said Matt Veatch, the Kansas state archivist and former chair of the State Electronic Records Initiative at the Council of State Archivists.
archivist to ensure that the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) and the agencies it serves meet their statutory mandates and records management requirements.
With the theme Archives @ Risk: Mitigation and Empowerment, the congress served as a platform for valuable exchange of information and expertise in records management and archives administration, and was attended by archivists, record officers, local government unit secretaries and general service officers from all over the Philippines.
The manual adopts the structure of many archives manuals and textbooks, with the content organized according to what archivists call the "core archival functions." After a historical introduction, the chapters flow through the steps an archivist would take with a new collection: acquisition and accessioning, arrangement, description, and preservation.
The demand for an official probe on Mr Key came from the Green Party MP James Shaw, who wanted Chief Archivist Marilyn Little to investigate the prime minister for destroying text messages.
Elen Simpson, Archivist, said: "Public demand for this important collection has made is a top priority for cataloguing hence our decision to apply for a grant from the National Cataloguing Grants Programme for Archives once again this year - and thankfully, this time, we were successful.
Effective 1 November 2014, Brett Lougheed will take over as University Archivist at the University of Winnipeg.
Thana Mlotek, an accomplished Yiddish folk music C9 archivist and prodigious song collector, died last November at age 91.
Thesaurus browser ?
- Archidiskidon imperator
- Archilochus colubris
- Archimedes' principle
- architectural engineering
- architectural ornament
- architectural plan
- architectural style
- Archosargus probatocephalus
- Archosargus rhomboidalis
- archosaurian reptile
- Arctic Archipelago
- Arctic char
- Arctic fox
Full browser ?
- Archives of Southwest Russia, Published by the Commission for the
- Archives of the Chinese Art Society of America
- Archives of the Episcopal Church
- Archives of the History of American Psychology
- Archives of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Toronto
- Archives of the Russian Revolution
- Archives of Traditional Music
- Archives Office of New South Wales
- Archives Rare Books
- Archives Recherches Cultures Lesbiennes
- Archives Records Information Access System
- Archives Union List of Ontario project
- Archives, Personal Papers and Manuscripts
- Archives, Records and Information Management
- archiving program
- Archiving Tool for Kde
- Archiving, Restoration and Digital Libraries
- Archivio Collettivo Nazionale delle Pubblicazioni Periodiche
- Archivio Diaristico Nazionale
- Archivio Etnico Linguistico-Musicale
- Archivio Fotografico della Regione Toscana
- Archivio Italiano Tradizione Epistolare in Rete
- Archivio Ligure di Scrittura Popolare
- Archivio Nazionale Cinematografico della Resistenza
- Archivio Nazionale Leghe Fantacalcio
- Archivio Segreto Vaticano
- Archivist of the United States
- Archivists and Librarians in the History of the Health Sciences
- Archivists for Congregations of Women Religious
- Archivists Round Table
- Archivo de Identificación de Animales de Compañía
- Archivo de las Lenguas Indígenas de Latinoamérica
- Archivo Eclesiastico Metropolitano
- Archivo General de Centro América
- Archivo General de la Administración
- Archivo Histórico de la Policía Nacional
- Archivo Histórico Nacional
- Archivo Internazionale di Etnografia e Preistoria
- Archivo Nacional de Costa Rica
- Archivum Historicum Societatis Iesu
- Archivum Romanum Societatis Iesu
- Archiwum Glowne Akt Dawnych
- Archiwum Map Zachodniej Polski
- Archiwum Polskiej Akademii Nauk