References in periodicals archive ?
Rather, its origins lie in one of the annalistic histories written under the Flavians, when, with the benefit of hindsight, the actions of a junior senator, who was to rise to the highest position, assumed greater significance.
This is clearly shown by the distribution and relative incidence of the phenomenon in the different text types in the corpus: in annalistic and narrative texts, in which a clear temporal sequencing and specification of the participants in the action is needed, the incidence of split subjects was much higher than in rest of the works.
31) Its style is something of a modified annalistic compilation: arranged chronologically, it is primarily a catalogue of facts (trustworthy or not) concerned with the actions of great men.
Given its lack of order, structure, and resolution, the "crude" annalistic nature of the Roth Horowitz presentation seemed irresponsible to some visitors and critics; evidently when the exhibition's subject is lawlessness--or arguably a law of misrule--this form of presentation may seem to compound or condone the events it represents.
After the Restoration they were more commonly seen in annalistic terms, heralding particular important events in the ongoing march of human history.
163-4), presumably because the author accepts the annalistic reference to the battle with which the tale is concerned as historical, whereas a later narrative pertaining to Cormac mac Cuilennain who fell in another battle referred to in the chronicles is deemed best suited to the `Appendices' (pp.
In Part One, works by Edgeworth, Galt, Owenson, Smollett, Scott, and many other novelists weave among annalistic histories, travels, and agricultural surveys.
If, on the other hand, we now look back from a perspective that seeks inspiration from a rereading and rewriting of traditional narrative forms and styles, then clearly the annalistic structure and picaresque qualities of al-Hakim's Yawmiyyat na'ib fi al-aryaf (Diaries of a Public Prosecutor in the Provinces, 1937) come to assume a more central role (quite apart from the fact that, in my view, it is a much better novel).
I have a catalogue in front of me, published by Grant Books, of Droitwich, which acquaints us with 284 golf books and I gave up counting the number of them that are annalistic studies or are based on the most cordial reminiscence.
Deqing's annalistic autobiography (cited as nianpu hereafter), Fuzheng [?
As in many places, the practice of keeping chronicles arrived in Ireland with Christianity, and those that over a long period contain an entry for each year during most of their range are called annalistic chronicles, or annals.
Though outdated and annalistic in approach, Mary M.
Is the meteor shower merely an annalistic record, or is the writer magnifying earthly by heavenly incident?
Chronicles shared the qualities of providential explanation, annalistic structure, and the avoidance of continuous narrative.
In a parallel study, Joanna Story assigns responsibility for several annalistic works to him.
Thesaurus browser ?
- ankle brace
- ankle bracelet
- ankle joint
- ankylosing spondylitis
- Ann Arbor
- Anna Amalia Mercouri
- Anna Eleanor Roosevelt
- Anna Howard Shaw
- Anna Mary Robertson Moses
- Anna Pavlova
- Anne Boleyn
- Anne Bradstreet
- Anne Bronte
- Anne Dudley Bradstreet
- Anne Hathaway
- Anne Hutchinson
- Anne Mansfield Sullivan
- Anne Robert Jacques Turgot
- Anne Sexton
- Anne Sullivan
- annelid worm
Full browser ?
- Annagul Annakulieva
- Annaka, Gunma
- Annaklych Miatadzhi
- Annakulieva, Annagul
- Annakut Festival
- Annale School of History
- Annalee Mobilitee Dolls, Inc.
- Annales Academiae Scientiarum Fennicae
- Annales Archéologiques Arabes Syriennes
- Annales de Toxicologie Analytique
- Annales Française d'Anesthésie et de Réanimation
- Annales History
- Annales Mathématiques Blaise Pascal
- Annales School
- Annales School of History
- Annali Dello Spiritismo
- Annalong Canoe and Kayak Club
- Annals of Agricultural and Environmental Medicine
- Annals of Applied Probability
- Annals of Applied Statistics
- Annals of Archaeology and Anthropology
- Annals of Biomedical Engineering
- Annals of Botany
- Annals of Clinical and Laboratory Science
- Annals of Clinical Microbiology and Antimicrobials
- Annals of Discrete Mathematics
- Annals of Emergency Medicine
- Annals of Family Medicine
- Annals of Human Genetics
- Annals of Improbable Research
- Annals of Information Systems
- Annals of Internal Medicine
- Annals of Irreproducible Results
- Annals of Mathematical Statistics
- Annals of Mathematics
- Annals of Mathematics and Artificial Intelligence
- Annals of Noninvasive Electrocardiology