References in classic literature ?
We visited the principal church, also--a curious old structure, with a towerlike spire adorned with all sorts of grotesque images.
They widened all the way up; the stories projected further and further forward and aside as they ascended, and the long rows of lighted windows, filled with little bits of panes, curtained with figured white muslin and adorned outside with boxes of flowers, made a pretty effect.
"No, but I read all her pieces, and I know a fellow who works in the office where this paper is printed." "Do you say she makes a good living out of stories like this?" And Jo looked more respectfully at the agitated group and thickly sprinkled exclamation points that adorned the page.
The poor fellow really felt sad when--melancholy reminiscence of his youth!--he donned his costume, adorned with vari-coloured wings, and fastened to his natural feature a false nose six feet long.
Between the marble cenotaphs on either hand of the pulpit, the wall which formed its back was adorned with a large painting representing a gallant ship beating against a terrible storm off a lee coast of black rocks and snowy breakers.
Nearly all oblong or circular, and as if traced with the compass, they seem to form one vast archipelago, equal to that charming group lying between Greece and Asia Minor, and which mythology in ancient times adorned with most graceful legends.
On a platform beyond the southern entrance, formed by a natural elevation of the ground, were pitched five magnificent pavilions, adorned with pennons of russet and black, the chosen colours of the five knights challengers.
Attended by this gallant equipage, himself well mounted, and splendidly dressed in crimson and in gold, bearing upon his hand a falcon, and having his head covered by a rich fur bonnet, adorned with a circle of precious stones, from which his long curled hair escaped and overspread his shoulders, Prince John, upon a grey and high-mettled palfrey, caracoled within the lists at the head of his jovial party, laughing loud with his train, and eyeing with all the boldness of royal criticism the beauties who adorned the lofty galleries.
She was in a little boudoir, hung with blue damask, adorned by red flowers, with a foliage of gold, looking upon a garden; and reclined upon a sofa, her head supported on the rich tapestry which covered it.
His shoulder-knots were of burnished silver, his mantle had no gold nor embroidery on it; a simple plume of violet feathers adorned his hat; his boots were of black leather, and at his girdle hung that sword with a magnificent hilt that Porthos had so often admired in the Rue Feron.
Bright bows, colourful clips and patterned hairbands adorned the heads of the girls, who've all lost their mothers in war.
With the mall's activity center adorned with palm trees and other colorful decor, families were transported to Havana to enjoy a day filled with exciting wellness activities.
The streets of the capital, Algiers, were adorned with supporters holding flags and banners, carrying portraits of their favourite players and manager.
Summary: Tirumala (Andhra Pradesh) [India], Jun 16 (ANI): As the annual Jyeshta Abhishekam festival entered its second day on Saturday, the colossal effigy of Lord Balaji, Goddess Sridevi and Goddess Bhudevi adorned with pearls, was carried around the sacred streets near the Tirumala temple area.
Newly appointed Chief of Bangladesh Naval Staff Abu Mozaffar Mohiuddin Mohammad Aurangzeb Chowdhury was adorned with the rank of Vice Admiral on Sunday.
Thesaurus browser ?
- Adolf Windaus
- Adolph Simon Ochs
- Adolphe Sax
- Adonic line
- Adonis annua
- adoptive parent
- ADP system
- adrenal cortex
- adrenal cortical steroid
- adrenal gland
- adrenal medulla
- adrenergic agonist eyedrop
- adrenergic drug
- adrenocorticotrophic hormone
- adrenocorticotropic hormone
Full browser ?
- adorn (oneself) with borrowed plumes
- adorn (someone or something) with (something)
- adorn (someone/something) with
- adorn her with
- adorn herself with borrowed plumes
- adorn him with
- adorn himself with borrowed plumes
- adorn me with
- adorn myself with borrowed plumes
- adorn one with
- adorn oneself with borrowed plumes
- adorn ourselves with borrowed plumes
- adorn them with
- adorn themselves with borrowed plumes
- adorn us with
- adorn with
- adorn with borrowed plumes
- adorn with something
- adorn you with
- adorn yourself with borrowed plumes
- adorned her with
- adorned herself with borrowed plumes
- adorned him with
- adorned himself with borrowed plumes
- adorned me with
- adorned myself with borrowed plumes
- adorned one with
- adorned oneself with borrowed plumes
- adorned ourselves with borrowed plumes
- adorned them with
- adorned themselves with borrowed plumes
- adorned us with
- adorned with
- adorned you with
- adorned yourself with borrowed plumes
- adorning herself with borrowed plumes
- adorning himself with borrowed plumes
- adorning myself with borrowed plumes
- adorning oneself with borrowed plumes
- adorning ourselves with borrowed plumes
- adorning themselves with borrowed plumes
- adorning yourself with borrowed plumes