References in periodicals archive ?
(23) Vladimir Mayakovsky (1890-1930) was the foremost representative of early twentieth-century Russian Futurism and widely considered one of the most talented poets of the Soviet era.
ACTOR Ed Hughes is to play Russian poet, politicial artist and playwright Vladimir Mayakovsky in one man show Mayaovsky: The Slanting Rain at the Royal Shakespeare Theatre's Ferguson Room in Stratford.
I once heard Yevtushenko recite Vladimir Mayakovsky's Socialist-Surrealist ode "A Cloud in Trousers" (1915) at a dinner party at Irving and Lucy Sandler's that was also attended by Elizabeth Murray and Bob Holman.
It is fitting that Orlow ends the film by using the work of Vladimir Mayakovsky, a disillusioned Soviet revolutionary.
Vladimir Mayakovsky was a Russian poet and artist who lived from 1893 to 1930.
He links the Bible with figures such as the Russian poet Vladimir Mayakovsky, with Hindu holy books, with the controversial Jesuit paleontologist Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, with the Lebanese poet Kahlil Gibran, with the modern folk singer Fabrizio D'Andrea.
This emphasis on science and technology, combined with the idealization of labor, was to find its fullest reflection in the work of the leading poet of the Russian Revolution of 1917 and of the early Soviet period, Vladimir Mayakovsky (1893-1830).
The poet Vladimir Mayakovsky and artists Mikhail Cheremnykh and Ivan Malyutin would go on to create another famous style.
Particularly striking is the form of these poems--never accepting the fashions of modernism and futurism made almost mandatory by Vladimir Mayakovsky in the Soviet period, but remaining traditional, almost classical in their regular pattern of meter and rhyme, close to the poetry of Anna Akhmatova (among whose followers Rein belongs).
On a happier note, he has collaborated with the playwright Snoo Wilson on an adaptation of The Bedbug, a musical black comedy written in 1928 by Vladimir Mayakovsky, the Russian writer remembered as the poet of the 1917 Revolution.
Since its invention, film has found a place in theatrical works--artists from Dziga Vertov and Vladimir Mayakovsky to the Wooster Group have found the theatrical use of projections to be highly evocative, often confrontational, illuminating and dramatic.
217-20); Frantisek Deak, "The AgitProp and Circus Plays of Vladimir Mayakovsky" (pp.
Most astonishing is the connection with Bialik's work to that of the futurist poet, Vladimir Mayakovsky. Like Bialik, he radically transformed Russian poetic language, syntax, and form.
n As the American daughter of Vladimir Mayakovsky and a longtime Nation subscriber, I want you to know how much it meant to me and to my son to find one of my father's poems (a favorite of mine) included in your centennial issue.
Thesaurus browser ?
- viviparous eelpout
- V-J Day
- Vladimir Horowitz
- Vladimir Ilich Lenin
- Vladimir Ilich Ulyanov
- Vladimir Ilyich Lenin
- Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov
- Vladimir Kosma Zworykin
- Vladimir Lenin
- Vladimir Mayakovsky
- Vladimir Nabokov
- Vladimir Putin
- Vladimir Vladimirovich Mayakovski
- Vladimir vladimirovich Nabokov
- Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin
- vocal band
- vocal cord
- vocal fold
- vocal music
- vocal organ
Full browser ?
- Vladimir M Bechterew
- Vladimir M Bekhterev
- Vladimir M. Bechterev
- Vladimir M. Bechterew
- Vladimir M. Bekhterev
- Vladimir Macek
- Vladimir Magar
- Vladimir Magnitskii
- Vladimir Mai-Maevskii
- Vladimir Maiakovski
- Vladimir Maïakovski
- Vladimir Maiakovsky
- Vladimir Majakovskij
- Vladimir Makovskii
- Vladimir Maksimovich Friche
- Vladimir Maksimovich Tuchkevich
- Vladimir Maliusov
- Vladimir Malmberg
- Vladimir Mamaev
- Vladimir Markovnikov
- Vladimir MartemIanov
- Vladimir Martinovich Azin
- Vladimir Martynovich Artsikhovskii
- Vladimir Martynovich Khadyka
- Vladimir Matrosov
- Vladimir Matskevich
- Vladimir Matveevich Bakhmetev
- Vladimir Matveevich Makovskii
- Vladimir Mayakovski
- Vladimir Mayakovskiy
- Vladimir Mayakovsky
- Vladimir Mefodevich Matrosov
- Vladimir Melnikov
- Vladimir Menner
- Vladimir Menshagin
- Vladimir Meshcherskii
- Vladimir Mezhov
- Vladimir Miasishchev
- Vladimir Migulin
- Vladimir Mikhailin
- Vladimir Mikhailovich Bekhterev
- Vladimir Mikhailovich Chaplin
- Vladimir Mikhailovich Dalskii
- Vladimir Mikhailovich Gittis
- Vladimir Mikhailovich Khvostov
- Vladimir Mikhailovich Kirshon
- Vladimir Mikhailovich Komarov
- Vladimir Mikhailovich Konashevich
- Vladimir Mikhailovich Koretskii
- Vladimir Mikhailovich Kosarev
- Vladimir Mikhailovich Kotliakov
- Vladimir Mikhailovich Kreiter
- Vladimir Mikhailovich Lobashev
- Vladimir Mikhailovich Lokhtin
- Vladimir Mikhailovich Miasishchev
- Vladimir Mikhailovich Novikov
- Vladimir Mikhailovich Obukhov
- Vladimir Mikhailovich Petliakov
- Vladimir Mikhailovich Petrov
- Vladimir Mikhailovich Rodionov
- Vladimir Mikhailovich Shimkevich