References in periodicals archive ?
The project "Local Culture and Diversity on the Prairies" was a shared initiative supported by federal and provincial governments and several research partners, documenting everyday life, ethno-cultural identity and regional variation among people of Ukrainian, French, German and English heritage prior to 1939 on the prairies.
Yanukovych also said that Ukrainians had to be more realistic about their relations with the European Union and press ahead with required reforms to move from "Euro-romanticism to Euro-pragmatism."
Kiev -- The administrative centre of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church returned from Lviv in the West to the country's capital, Kiev, on August 21, 2005, whence it had been expelled by the Communists many decades ago.
Yet, in the middle of this commotion, Ukrainians from the west and the east gave us a unique example of how valuable democracy is.
Not all Ukrainians share the optimism of Nazar's parents, however.
But this was not an open privatization process that gave all Ukrainians a chance to get involved.
May 17 is National Shirt Day for Ukrainians across the world and the community in Coventry will be gathering at one of the city's most iconic buildings to celebrate.
ALTHOUGH SCOTT TAYLOR provides a lot of disturbing but accurate information about "Nazi war monuments in Canada" and the activities of the Ukrainian 14th Galizien Waffen Division during WWII, he fails to provide a historical explanation for its existence.
In spite of a long period of imperial subordination and under the most adverse of circumstances, Ukrainians found the strength to launch an impassioned political and armed struggle to defend their right to nationhood.
There is no need to explain in detail how many parties contributed to Ukrainian nation building during the third traumatic period (1939-47): uniting most Ukrainian territories under the auspices of Soviet Ukraine and Nazi Germany, killing or deporting non-Ukrainians and Ukrainians alike, creating military and paramilitary units, stressing otherness even toward population groups with whom the Ukrainians had allied earlier.
He said the Ukrainians assisted to develop the key industries and national economy of Pakistan in 1960-70's.
Through a variety of different media, Jews and Ukrainians explores the political, societal, and economic arms within the coexisting but rarely converging Eastern European Jewish and Ukrainian communities.
Of course, one does have to admit that the Canadian government's response in both instances may not have been wholly altruistic since Ukrainians constitute the ninth largest ethnic group in the country and arguably exert more influence than their numbers might suggest because they are well organized and because of the younger, more activist leadership of their umbrella organization, the Ukrainian Canadian Congress.
Canada's Ukrainians are the descendants of economic migrants who first came to the country 125 years ago, and in subsequent waves after World War II and over the last decade.
Thesaurus browser ?
- Ugandan monetary unit
- Ugandan shilling
- ugli fruit
- ugly duckling
- Ugo Buoncompagni
- Ukranian monetary unit
- Ulan Bator
- ulcer diet
- ulcerative colitis
- Ulex europaeus
Full browser ?
- Ukrainian Socialist Soviet Republic
- Ukrainian Society of Financial Analysts
- Ukrainian Soviet Socialist Republic
- Ukrainian Soviet Socialist Republic: Ukraina
- Ukrainian Spotted Steppe Swine
- Ukrainian St. Catharines Credit Union
- Ukrainian State Centre of Transport Service
- Ukrainian State Enterprise of Posts
- Ukrainian State University of Food Technologies
- Ukrainian State University of Forestry and Wood Technology
- Ukrainian Step by Step Foundation
- Ukrainian Steppe Preserve
- Ukrainian T-Shape Radio Telescope
- Ukrainian T-Shape Radio Telescope, Model 2
- Ukrainian Theater
- Ukrainian Theater of Opera and Ballet
- Ukrainian Translation Industry Conference
- Ukrainian White Steppe Swine
- Ukrainian Woman
- Ukrainian Women's League
- Ukrainian Youth Association
- Ukrainian Youth League of North America
- Ukrainian-American Birth Defects Program
- Ukrainian-American Civic Center
- Ukrainian-American Environmental Association
- Ukrainian-American Military Association
- Ukrainian-Canadian Professional and Business Association
- Ukrainian-Canadian Professional and Business Federation
- Ukrainian-European Policy and Legal Advice Centre
- Ukrainisch Deutsches Business Zentrum
- Ukrainische Autokephale Orthodoxe Kirche
- Ukrainische Griechisch Katholische Kirche
- Ukrainka, Lesia
- Ukrainska Radianska Sotsialistychna Respublika
- Ukrainska Socjalistyczna Republika Radziecka
- Ukrainskaya Povstancheskaya Armiya
- Ukrainskii Istoricheskii Zhurnal
- Ukrainskii Matematicheskii Zhurnal
- Ukraintsev, Emelian
- Ukraintsev, Emelian Ignatevich
- Ukranian Bar Association
- Ukranian Gay and Lesbian Association
- Ukranian language
- Ukranian monetary unit
- Ukranian Orthodox Church in America
- Ukranian Pulp and Paper Research Institute
- Ukranian Trade Union Federation