United States Fish and Wildlife Service

(redirected from U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service)
Also found in: Dictionary.
Graphic Thesaurus  🔍
Display ON
Animation ON
  • noun

Synonyms for United States Fish and Wildlife Service

an agency in the Department of the Interior that conserves and protects fish and wildlife and their habitats

References in periodicals archive ?
The land where the woodpecker turned up had been acquired by the Nature Conservancy, which in 1986 transferred 380 acres to the U.
We have to be cautious about getting too excited about one or two of anything," says wildlife ecologist Donna Ball of the U.
Most of the remainder of the ranch is already shielded from development, having been permanently sold in a combination of fee and easement to the U.
Meantime, attorney Deborah Prosser, who is representing the city of Santa Clarita in the case against BLM, the Department of the Interior and the U.
According to the National Marine Fisheries Service and U.
The 24,000-acre refuge was acquired in 1990 by the U.
The program includes bi-state, local and federal partners such as New York State Department of State, New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, New York City Department of Environmental Protection, National Parks Service (Gateway), Natural Resources Conservation Service, NOAA Fisheries, U.
You couldn't argue the science," comments John Grettenberger of the U.
Department of Agriculture Natural Resource Conservation Service, the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences, the U.
The city has filed a lawsuit against the Department of the Interior, the U.
DWR Director Lester Snow, DFG Director Ryan Broddrick, Acting CALFED Director Joseph Grindstaff, U.
CONTACT: The Nature Conservancy, 4245 North Fairfax Drive, Suite 100, Arlington, VA 22203-1606/(703)841-5300; U.
In response, Bob Downing, a wildlife biologist for the U.
The General Accounting Office (GAO), Congress' investigative arm, told a House subcommittee hearing that serious flaws existed in a 1988 report by the U.
Full browser ?