References in periodicals archive ?
Somerset Maugham. He is famous for his unique talent for exposing and exploring the bitter realities of human relationships in tales of love, infidelity, passion and prejudice.
Somerset Maugham was right when he wrote in his short story A Friend in Need: "For thirty years now I have been studying my fellow men.
Keats studied to be an apothecarist; Anton Chekhov and William Carlos Williams were both practicing and successful physicians; Primo Levi was a chemist; Somerset Maugham left medicine entirely to begin writing.
Philip Marsden's books include The Crossing Place: A Journey Among the Armenians (which won the Somerset Maugham Award), The Bronski House, The Spirit-Wrestlers - and Other Survivors of the Russian Century (winner of the Thomas Cook Travel Book of the Year Award), The Chains of Heaven: an Ethiopian Romance and the novel The Main Cages.
Two quotes on the front pages almost say it all--'The greatest tragedy of life is not that men perish, but that they cease to love' from Somerset Maugham, and the dedication 'In memory of all the brave young men who went to war'.
The Curse of Longevity The Secret Lives of Somerset Maugham: A Biography, by Selina Hastings.
The Secret Lives of Somerset Maugham, by Selina Hastings.
The Secret Lives of Somerset Maugham. Selina Hastings.
Somerset Maugham and Arthur Ransome were staff members of MI6.
The riviera is no longer a " sunny place for shady people" as Somerset Maugham had described it.
SOMERSET MAUGHAM How to decipher the photograph: beauties in swimsuits in the midst of carnage the carnal world is impotent to end chase the crown of Miss Sarajevo.
Empires of the Indus has already won a Somerset Maugham award and the Royal Society of Literature Jerwood Foundation Special Prize for Non-Fiction.
Somerset Maugham of one of his stories (which in turn became a classic Bette Davis movie in 1940), Teachout and Moravec's "opera noire" receives its premiere July 25-Aug 18 at Santa Fe Opera in a production directed by Jonathan Kent.
It includes some wonderful writers (Hemingway, Henry James, Jan Morris, Somerset Maugham) and a nice mix of shorter and longer pieces, and fiction and nonfiction (and even some poetry).
Thesaurus browser ?
- somatosensory system
- somatotrophic hormone
- somatotropic hormone
- some day
- some other
- Somerset Maugham
- Somme River
Full browser ?
- Somerset County League Premier Division
- Somerset County Park Foundation
- Somerset County Planning Board
- Somerset County Prosecutor's Office
- Somerset County Public Schools
- Somerset County Technology Center
- Somerset County United Way
- Somerset County Vocational and Technical Schools
- Somerset County Youth Service
- Somerset County, Maine
- Somerset County, Maryland
- Somerset County, MD
- Somerset County, ME
- Somerset County, New Jersey
- Somerset County, NJ
- Somerset County, PA
- Somerset County, Pennsylvania
- Somerset Drainage Boards Consortium
- Somerset Environmental Records Centre
- Somerset Hills Adult Day Center
- Somerset Hills Business Network
- Somerset Hills Handicapped Riding Center
- Somerset Hills YMCA
- Somerset House
- Somerset House Publishing, Inc.
- Somerset Island
- Somerset Island and Fort Ross
- Somerset Levels
- Somerset Levels and Moors
- Somerset Light Infantry
- Somerset Maugham
- Somerset Maughan
- Somerset Medical Center
- Somerset Occupational Health and Safety Association
- Somerset Rural Youth Project
- Somerset School of Massage Therapy
- Somerset Tackling Alcohol Related Crime
- Somerset Tire Service Inc
- Somerset Total Communication
- Somerset Trust Company
- Somerset Trust for Sustainable Development
- Somerset Valley YMCA
- Somerset Voluntary Sector Network
- Somerset Waste Partnership
- Somerset West Community Health Centre
- Somerset Wildlife Trust
- Somerset Youth Athletic Association
- Somerset Youth Volunteering Network
- Somerset, Edmund Beaufort, 2d duke of
- Somerset, Edward Seymour, duke of
- Somerset, England
- Somerset, England
- Somerset, First Duke of
- Somerset, Fitzroy James Henry
- Somerset, Robert Carr, earl of
- Somerset, William Seymour, 2d duke of
- Somersetshire, England