References in periodicals archive ?
The distinctive properties and high functionalities of carbon nanotubes encouraged companies and researchers to use them diversely.
A research led byEeRice University scientists, that was published in Advanced Materials journal, confirmed the benefits of using carbon nanotubes.Ee
He said the research provides valuable insight on ways to leverage atomic interactions between nanotubes and water molecules to fabricate nanochannels and energy-storing nanocapacitors.
In summary, the advantages of carbon nanotubes are high linearity and stretchability .
Furthermore, the Raman spectra (Figure 3) for the carbon nanotubes/graphene composites and [Co.sub.3][O.sub.4]/carbon nanotubes/graphene composites have three same peaks positioned at 1355 [cm.sup.-1] (D), 1583 [cm.sup.-1] (G), and 2679 [cm.sup.-1] (2D) which can be assigned to carbon nanotubes and graphene; however, the additional peak at 667 [cm.sup.-1] in the Raman spectrum for [Co.sub.3][O.sub.4]/carbon nanotubes/graphene composites can be attributed to [Co.sub.3][O.sub.4] which is in good agreement with the previous literatures [5, 8].
Fujitsu Laboratories has now developed a process for manufacturing carbon nanotubes, a material known for its high thermal conductivity in a cylindrical structure, and in which the combination of process temperature and pressure is precisely controlled to grow dense, uniform arrays of perpendicularly oriented carbon nanotubes.
The key advantage of single wall carbon nanotubes compared to other traditional additives lies in the extremely low dosages required to reach the targeted level of conductivity--from as little as 0.01% of total compound weight.
9,485,862, describes an electronic device with carbon nanotubes patterned to form signal paths both on the substrates and interposed between polymer layers.
The team, based at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), modified a simple microfluidic channel with an array of vertically aligned carbon nanotubes rolled lattices of atoms like tiny tubes of chicken wire.
Carbon Nanotubes can be categorized by Single-wall Nanotubes (SWNT) or Multi-wall Nanotubes (MWNT).
The IBM team has tested nanotube transistors with that design, but so far it hasn't found a way to position the nanotubes closely enough together, because existing chip technology can't work at that scale.
The study of carbon nanotubes from last few decades has grown widely.
The atomic force microscope (AFM) is an important tool in the characterization of the structure and mechanical properties of carbon nanotubes (CNTs) [1-3].
Thesaurus browser ?
- NAND circuit
- NAND gate
- Nanda Devi
- Nanga Parbat
- Napaea dioica
- naphthalene poisoning
- Napierian logarithm
- Napier's bones
- Napier's rods
Full browser ?
- Nanotechnology and Advanced Materials Research Institute
- Nanotechnology and Integrated Bio-Engineering Centre
- Nanotechnology and Nanoscience Student Association
- Nanotechnology Business Team
- Nanotechnology Characterization Laboratory
- Nanotechnology for Biology and Medicine
- Nanotechnology Human Resource Development
- Nanotechnology in Biodiagnostics and Analytics
- Nanotechnology Institute
- Nanotechnology Institute for Medicine and Biological Sciences
- Nanotechnology Issues Dialogue Group
- Nanotechnology Knowledge Transfer Network
- Nanotechnology Law & Business
- Nanotechnology Research Coordination Group
- Nanotechnology Technical Advisory Group
- Nanotribology Laboratory for Information Storage and MEMS/NEMS
- Nanotube Research Center
- Nanotubes, carbon
- Nanowire Field Effect Transistor