market capitalization

(redirected from Mid-cap)
Also found in: Dictionary, Financial.
Related to Mid-cap: small-cap, large-cap
Graphic Thesaurus  🔍
Display ON
Animation ON
Legend
Synonym
Antonym
Related
  • noun

Synonyms for market capitalization

an estimation of the value of a business that is obtained by multiplying the number of shares outstanding by the current price of a share

References in periodicals archive ?
"Select large caps have performed well on the back of healthy Foreign Institutional Investors net equity inflows of USD11 billion while the correction has been more evident in the small and mid-cap equities which took the brunt of selling pressure (this could be partly explained by Domestic Institution net outflows of USD1 billion, more severe earnings cuts and lower liquidity leading to more pronounced price movements) as investors continued to seek refuge in a limited number of large caps," the investment manager added.
XMLV is ideally suited for the highly volatile near-term scene facing riskier assets as well as being a perfect fund for long-term investors looking for mid-cap exposure.
Small- and mid-cap stocks may have additional risks including greater price volatility.
Slug and Lettuce owner Stonegate Pub Company agreed to buy Ei Group for 285 pence a share, a 38 per cent premium to Wednesday's close, which sent the mid-cap pub chain's stock to its highest in more than a decade.
equity position, about 75 percent is in large-caps, with the other 25 percent in mid-caps," Yung said.
In the UAE, Aldar Properties and Damac Properties have been downgraded from large-cap to mid-cap stocks.
After relocation of two Pakistani stocks to small-cap indexes, there are only two other Pakistani stocks left among mid-cap stocks namely; Habib Bank Limited and MCB Bank.
Topps will provide fundamental research and analysis for RBC GAM's small, SMID and mid-cap growth strategies.
By providing financing to mid-cap companies to undertake green investments, the EBRD is contributing to their sustainable development and to the improvement of the overall competitiveness of the Turkish economy."
* iShares Core S&P Mid-Cap ETF -- 1-yr return: 13.67%
Most small- and mid-cap companies spend HK$100,000 or less preparing ESG Report in FY2016/2017 and 80% of respondents believe that ESG Report could facilitate better internal control and risk management, or enhance investment value of the company
It is important for retail investors to know whether they need to stick to indices that include firms with the highest market capitalization or whether mid-cap indices provide similar degrees of international diversification.
Mirabaud Asset Management, the investment management arm of Swiss Mirabaud Group, today announced that its "European Small and Mid-Cap Strategy" is now accessible for its GCC investors.
Ely will serve as co-portfolio manager on the all-cap growth strategy and continue to manage the small- and mid-cap growth strategies.
Full browser ?