References in periodicals archive ?
A statistical model relating horizontal seston fluxes and bottom sediment characteristics to growth of Mercenaria mercenaria.
Effects of brown tide (Aureococcus anophagefferens) on hard clam Mercenaria mercenaria larvae and implications for benthic recruitment.
Development and characterization of polymorphic microsatellite markers for the northern quahog Mercenaria mercenaria (Linnaeus, 1758).
The effects of elevated carbon dioxide concentrations on the metamorphosis, size, and survival of larval hard clams (Mercenaria mercenaria), bay scallops (Argopecten irradians), and Eastern oysters (Crassostrea virginica).
mercenaria planktonic veligers and juveniles, whereas a toxic one suppressed growth at high densities (Bricelj et al., 2001).
Carmichael of the Dauphin Island Sea Lab and her colleagues have used stable isotope techniques on the clam Mercenaria mercenaria, to yield valuable information on wastewater inputs in coastal waters.
To identify other baits, the activity in the pallial nerve of whelks was determined during exposure of the osphradium to odorant solutions prepared from horseshoe crab eggs, horseshoe crab hemolymph, and hard clam (Mercenaria mercenaria) tissue.
The beads were made from the shell of the quahog clam, with the scientific name Mercenaria mercenaria, from the Latin word for money.
This sediment has covered many hectares of hard clam (Mercenaria mercenaria) and soft clam (Mya arenaria) beds, and impacted the blue crab (Callinectes sapidus) population, thereby decimating a once highly productive shellfishing region.
In North Carolina estuaries, the hard clam Mercenaria mercenaria generally shows lower growth rates in habitats where predation rates are higher.
Fourteen naticid Neverita duplicatus (individuals ranging from 19-35 mm in maximum length) and bivalve Mercenaria mercenaria (10-30 mm in length) were collected from Woods Hole, Massachusetts.
Keywords: bivalves; blue crabs; Callinectes sapidus; foraging theory; indirect effects; individual-based approach; intertidal; marine soft bottoms; Mercenaria mercenaria; predation.
hand which, if it is her left hand, points to the quick of the matter - the hood pulled back off her friends Venus mercenaria,
Generally, suft clams (Spisula solidissima) are found relatively close to shore, in waters from 20 to 60 feet deep, while quahog clams (Mercenaria mercenaria) are usually about 40 to 60 miles out, in waters from 140 to 200 feet deep.
What happens when you inject a rabbit with amino acids extracted from the shell of a modern Mercenaria mollusk?
Thesaurus browser ?
- Mephitis macroura
- Mephitis mephitis
- Mercalli scale
- mercantile agency
- mercantile establishment
- mercantile law
- mercantile system
- Mercator projection
- Mercator's projection
- Merce Cunningham
- Mercenaria mercenaria
- merchant bank
- merchant marine
- merchant ship
- merchant vessels
Full browser ?
- Mercedes-Benz Auto Finance China
- Mercedes-Benz Classic Car Club International
- Mercedes-Benz Classic Center
- Mercedes-Benz Club Management
- Mercedes-Benz Collegiate Championship
- Mercedes-Benz Credit of Canada Inc.
- Mercedes-Benz Finance Australia
- Mercedes-Benz Incision
- Mercedes-Benz Institute
- Mercedes-Benz Lease Finanz
- Mercedes-Benz Lesion
- Mercedes-Benz Ludwigsfelde
- Mercedes-Benz Manhattan
- Mercedes-Benz Modellauto Club
- Mercedes-Benz North America
- Mercedes-Benz of Coral Gables
- Mercedes-Benz of Laguna Niguel
- Mercedes-Benz sign
- Mercedes-Benz Sign Lesion
- Mercedes-Benz Start Up
- Mercedes-Benz Technology Center
- Mercedes-Benz Truck Racing
- Mercedes-Benz United States International
- Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC
- Mercedes-Benz World Racing
- Mercenaria mercenaria
- Mercenaries Medieval Combat Guild
- Mercenaries of Alliance
- Mercenaries of the Republic
- Mercenaries Saga Chronicles
- Mercenaries Spies & Private Eyes
- Mercenaries Wrestling Federation
- Mercenary Armies
- Mercenary of Abaddon
- Mercer Arboretum and Botanic Gardens
- Mercer Area School District
- Mercer Arts Charter High School
- Mercer Auglaize Benefit Trust
- Mercer Beasley
- Mercer Community Band
- Mercer Consulting Group
- Mercer Council on Alcoholism and Drug Addiction
- Mercer County
- Mercer County Agricultural Development Board