References in periodicals archive ?
The company said the Diphenoxylate Hydrochloride and Atropine Sulfate Tablets in USP, 2.5 mg/0.025 mg is an AA-rated generic version of the branded product, Lomotil (diphenoxylate hydrochloride and atropine sulfate tablets).
* opioids, including loperamide/diphenoxylate (Lomotil and Imodium)
The clinical course was categorized as resolved (cessation of diarrhea with or without empirical treatment in the form of probiotics, fiber supplement, Lomotil, and loperamide), unresolved (diarrhea persisted with or without partial improvement), or lost to follow-up.
These drugs include loperamide (Imodium), diphenoxylate, atropine (Lomotil) and tincture of opium, all designed to improve diarrhea.
The problem can be traced back to the abuse of illegal substances -- such as cannabis, cocaine and heroin -- and legal, but controlled, medication -- like Valium, Neo-Codion and Lomotil -- which are obtained on prescription.
Opioids are powerful painkillers sold under the names OxyContin, Demerol, Percodan, Vicodin, and Lomotil (among others).
An example of such an interaction rule is 'IF [Drug.sub.1] = Epiklor and [Drug.sub.2] = Lomotil THEN Interaction=YES'.
Clinicians should monitor stool output closely; stop supportive medications for constipation; use oral loperamide (Imodium) up to 16 mg/day, or diphenoxylate plus atropine (Lomotil) 5 mg two to four times per day; give intravenous fluids; rule out C.
Loperamide or Lomotil. Ask your doctor about a prescription antibiotic.
Medications--including Lomotil, hyoscyamine, and sulfasalazine--had given them only partial relief.
Opioid analgesics and antiperistaltics (such as Lomotil and Imodium) should be avoided as they may worsen disease and obscure signs of clinical response to treatment.
* diphenoxylate with atropine (Lomotil) 1-2 tabs po, every 6 hours as needed for loose stool
Steroids may be used to reduce bowel inflammation; antidiarrheal drugs such as bismuth subsalicylate (Pepto-Bismol), diphenoxylate and atropine (Lomotil), and loperamide (Imodium) offer short-term relief.
Many doctors recommend that passengers carry anti-diarrhea medication, such as Lomotil or Imodium, when the destination has questionable health standards.
Available as Lomotil and Motofen when combined with atropine to prevent abuse, they present low risk in pregnancy.
Thesaurus browser ?
- Lolium multiflorum
- Lolium perenne
- Lolium temulentum
- loll around
- lollipop lady
- lollipop woman
- Lombard Street
- Lombardy poplar
- Lonas annua
- Lonas inodora
- London plane
- lone hand
- lone wolf
- Lone-Star State
- long ago
- Long Beach
- long beech fern
- long bone
- long chain
- long distance
- long division
Full browser ?
- Lomnický Štít
- Lomnicky Stit
- Lomolo Blood Bath Adventure
- Lomond Loch
- Lomond Roads Cycling Club
- Lomond, Loch
- Lomonosov (disambiguation)
- Lomonosov Current
- Lomonosov Moscow State University
- Lomonosov of Moscow
- Lomonosov Porcelain Factory
- Lomonosov Reflector
- Lomonosov Ridge
- Lomonosov Upland
- Lomonosov, Mikhail
- Lomonosov, Mikhail Vasilevich
- Lomonosov, Mikhail Vasilyevich
- Lomonosov, Vladimir
- Lomonosov, Vladimir Grigorevich
- Lomonosow University Library
- Lomouri, Niko
- Lomouri, Niko Iosifovich
- Lomov, Boris
- Lomov, Boris Fedorovich
- Lomov-Oppokov, Georgii
- Lomov-Oppokov, Georgii Ippolitovich
- Lompoc Coalition for Peace and Justice
- Lompoc Foursquare Church
- Lompoc High School
- Lompoc Housing and Community Development Corporation
- Lompoc Housing Assistance Corporation
- Lompoc Valley Art Association
- Lompoc Valley Bicycle Club
- Lompoc Valley Botanic and Horticultural Society
- Lompoc Valley Community Healthcare Organization
- Lompoc Valley Festival Association
- Lompoc, California
- Lompoc, California