* The rate of estimated larceny-thefts
in 2012 was 1,959.3 per 100,000 inhabitants.
* The percent distribution statistics are based on the offense totals for the crimes of robbery, burglary, and larceny-theft
dropped 4.1 percent in cities with 250,000 to 499,999 in population, and motor vehicle theft declined 9.5 percent in ones with 50,000 to 99,999 inhabitants.
Motor vehicle theft increased by 2.7 percent, and larceny-theft
increased 0.1 percent when compared to 1999 data.
* Juvenile males comprised 17.9 percent of arrests for larceny-theft
* The remaining 18.7 percent consisted of robbery, burglary, larceny-theft
, motor vehicle theft, arson, and other crimes.
Motor vehicle theft, larceny-theft
, and arson also fell 8, 6, and 5 percent, respectively.
* Females accounted for 43.1 percent of all persons arrested for larceny-theft
offenses in 2012.
is the unlawful taking, carrying, leading, or riding away of property from the possession or constructive possession, of another.
Burglary fell 14 percent; motor vehicle theft, 12 percent; and larceny-theft
, 8 percent.
In North Miami Beach, Part I Crimes--particularly burglary, larceny-theft
, and motor vehicle theft as well as criminal mischief--all have decreased.
Robbery, burglary, larceny-theft
, motor vehicle theft, arson, and destruction/damage/vandalism of property are classified as crimes against property.
Property crime decreases included 3 percent for motor vehicle thefts and 2 percent each for burglary and larceny-theft
The highest arrest counts were for driving under the influence, 1.6 million; larceny-theft
, 1.5 million; and simple assault and drug abuse violations, each 1.1 million.
Burglary rose 3 percent; larceny-theft
and motor vehicle theft, 2 percent each; and arson, 1 percent.