References in periodicals archive ?
Kesey's son Zane said he learned about the council vote when he received a text from his wife while visiting the square.
Parker's assemblage of interviews with Kesey depicts a man who resists being pigeonholed.
The young Kesey hit national fame with his novel One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, which depicted life in an asylum in which one patient rose to challenge the staff's authority.
Now, on the 50th anniversary of the journey, Zane Kesey has launched a campaign on the crowd-funding site Kickstarter, looking for a few good modern-day Pranksters to contribute $200 each for a chance to do it all again, though on a different bus.
The implications of this conversation--that to castrate a male is to take away the very essence of his being, or his "spirit"--reflects an argument about masculinity that pervades One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (Kesey, 1962).
Although not written specifically for adolescent readers, Ken Kesey's One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest has now joined Great American Novels like Huckleberry Finn, The Awakening, The Great Gatsby, and Catcher in the Rye on high-school reading lists.
Born in Montana, in 1945, Shurtliff was raised on a ranch in Oregon and went through a variety of incarnations, including a spell as the proprietor of a car supplies company, before embarking on a legendary road trip through Mexico with beat writer Ken Kesey, author of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1962).
Almost a year after its triumphant extended run in 2004-5, Ken Kesey's savagely dark and humorous iconic work returns to the West End for a further 10 weeks.
While the Bio-Bus may evoke images of Ken Kesey's Merry Pranksters Psychedelic Bus and the Electric Kool Aid Acid Test, the Hot Buttered Rum String Band has a more sober vision.
Kesey provokes us to question our idiosyncrasies, values and inner self.
It was a subtle transformation of the class, and really change didn't take place until winter, a snowball fight, a visit from SDS students from Harvard protesting the Vietnam War, and a change of reading assignments that included Ken Kesey's One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and Camus's The Stranger.
That is, I didn't understand until I got to the last paragraph of Brent Kendall's "Bragging Writes," where I learned that Vermont Governor Howard Dean's favorite book is Ken Kesey's Sometimes a Great Notion.
As bohemians in that place and time tended to do, they gravitated toward the drug and experimental art scenes happening around the redoubt of renegade novelist Ken Kesey and his cronies, the Merry Pranksters.
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest author Ken Kesey has died following surgery for liver cancer.
AUTHOR Ken Kesey, who wrote the cult Sixties novel One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, died yesterday from liver cancer at the age of 66.
Thesaurus browser ?
- kerb crawler
- Kernig's sign
- kerosene heater
- kerosene lamp
- kerosine heater
- kerosine lamp
- Kerr cell
- Kerry blue terrier
- ketamine hydrochloride
- ketchup bottle
- ketembilla tree
- ketoacidosis-prone diabetes
- ketoacidosis-resistant diabetes
- ketoacidosis-resistant diabetes mellitus
- ketone body
- ketone group
- ketorolac tromethamine
Full browser ?
- Kes Internet Support Society
- Kesatuan Aksi Mahasiswa Indonesia
- Kesatuan Aksi Mahasiswa Muslim Indonesia
- Kesatuan Aksi Pelajar Muslim Indonesia
- Kesatuan Anak Medan Pecinta Ayam Kinantan Fans Club
- Kesatuan Guru Melayu Malaysia Barat
- Kesatuan Mahasiswa Hindu Dharma Indonesia
- Kesatuan Olahraga Amatur Malaysia
- Kesatuan Pelajar Islam Johor
- Kesatuan Pelaksana Pengaman Pelabuhan
- Kesatuan Pemangkuan Hutan
- Kesavan Institute of Information and Knowledge Management
- Kesennuma, Miyagi
- Kesey, Ken
- Kesey, Ken (Elton)
- Kesey, Ken (Elton)
- Kesey, Ken Elton
- Keshab Chandra Sen
- Keshab Chunder Sen
- Keshan disease
- Keshava Chandra Sena
- Keshava Deva Malaviya Institute of Petroleum Exploration
- Keshe Foundation
- Keshen Prefecture
- Këshilli I Lartë I Drejtësisë
- Këshilli I Përkohshëm Administrativ
- Këshilli Kombëtar I Radios Dhe Televizionit
- Keshilli per Mbrojtjen e te Drejtave dhe Lirive te Njeriut
- Këshilli Transitor I Kosovës
- Keshokov, Alim
- Keshokov, Alim Pshemakhovich
- Keshub Chandra Sen
- Keshub Chunder Sen