References in periodicals archive ?
(18) And this approach to Castroism was also undeniably related to the emerging FI position on guerrilla warfare and the struggle for socialism, about which Tate has much to say later in his memoirs.
(25) Solo por nombrar algunas de las obras mas citadas de este periodo sobre las relaciones Cuba-URSS, veanse: Bruce Jackson, Castro, the Kremlin, and Communism in Latin America (Baltimore: Johns Hopkins Press, 1969); Andres Suarez, Cuba: Castroism and Communism, 1959-1966 (Cambridge: MIT Press, 1969); Blanca Torres Ramirez, Las relaciones cubano-sovieticas, 1959-1968 (Mexico: El Colegio de Mexico, 1971).
Teresita tracks the very different arcs of two Cuban women who must make their way in the United States the static threat of Castroism never far from their thoughts.
Castroism having proved a tourist magnet in recent years: 'We must go before it changes' is a familiar mantra.
Looking at the postwar options of what he calls "Castroism" and "Gaullism;' Grant fails to recognize that Cardenas's bold program of nationalization in Mexico in the 1930s could be seen as precisely the convergence of "Indian' and labour interests that could lead, not to deficient or dysfunctional modernity, but to a form of co-operative statehood far more appropriate than Anglo-American imperial models are to former colonies like Mexico and Canada where Indigenous difference should and can be primarily located in Aboriginal rather than invader-settler diversities.
Public discussion quickly turned to the question of succession, as many analysts said the "irrevocable" amendment was a sign of desperation and the imminent end of Castroism.
Red Sox management worked with the State Department and the Red Cross to, in the overwrought Cold War rhetoric of reporter Hy Hurwitz, "ransom the outfielder's broo d from the clutches of Castroism." Accordingly, on the evening of March 16, 1963, Roman Mejias's spring training in Phoenix was interrupted with the arrival of his wife, Nicholosa; their twelve-year-old daughter, Rafaela, and ten-year-old son, Jose; and the athlete's sisters, Esperosa and Santa.
Castroism was merely Stalinism redux, with the same sleazy habits: forced confessions, the suicide of one's conscience, in the service of the state party and a police regime.
Had the author given an in-depth explanation of the intense hatred of "Castroism," the public would have been much better served.
In exchange for long-term contracts with deferred rebates, these large roasters lobbied and testified in Congress for its endorsement of the ICO regime.(64) A complacent Congress benefited the executive bureaucracy, whose dominant goal was to prevent domestic challenges to the U.S.-backed Latin American regimes, a threat they called "Castroism."(65) The ICO deal provided an opportunity to shift unnoticed funds from the U.S.
Rival ideologies such as Trotskyism, Maoism, and Castroism were only temporarily successful and remained limited in their appeal to fringe factions.
What is the true picture of Cuba after four decades of Castroism? Is it a gross domestic product of $16.2 billion, a per capita income of $1,480, free education and medical care, a steady turn toward economic liberalization?
Thesaurus browser ?
- cast-iron plant
- castle in Spain
- castle in the air
- castor bean
- castor bean plant
- Castor canadensis
- Castor fiber
- castor oil
- castor sugar
- castor-oil plant
- castration anxiety
- Casualty Care Research Center
- Casuarina equisetfolia
- casus belli
- cat and mouse
- cat and rat
- cat bear
- cat box
- cat burglar
- cat cracker
- cat fancier
Full browser ?
- Castro Ruz, Raúl
- Castro Valley
- Castro Valley
- Castro Valley Branch Library
- Castro Valley DeMolay
- Castro Valley High School
- Castro Valley Soccer Club
- Castro Valley Teachers Association
- Castro Valley, California
- Castro y Bellvis, Guillén de
- Castro y Bellvís, Guillén de
- Castro, Américo
- Castro, Cipriano
- Castro, Fidel
- Castro, Fidel
- Castro, Fidel
- Castro, Inés de
- Castro, Jose Maria Ferreira de
- Castro, José Maria Ferreira de
- Castro, Josue Apolonio de
- Castro, Josué Apolonio de
- Castro, Raúl
- Castro, Rosalia de
- Castro, Rosalía de
- Castro, Vaca de
- Castro, Xiomara
- Castroviejo clip-applying forceps
- Castroviejo corneal transplant marker
- Castroviejo corneal transplant scissors
- Castroviejo discission knife
- Castroviejo electrokeratotome
- Castroviejo iridocapsulotomy scissors
- Castroviejo lacrimal sac probe
- Castroviejo lens clamp
- Castroviejo lens spoon
- Castroviejo lid forceps
- Castroviejo lid retractor
- Castroviejo orbital aspirator
- Castroviejo razor blade
- Castroviejo refractor
- Castroviejo scleral fold forceps
- Castroviejo scleral shortening clip
- Castroviejo snare enucleator
- Castroviejo speculum
- Castroviejo suturing forceps
- Castroviejo synechia scissors
- Castroviejo trephine
- Castroviejo, Ramon
- Castroville Artichoke Festival
- Castruccio Castracani Degli Antelminelli