protein

(redirected from Carrier protein)
Also found in: Dictionary, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Graphic Thesaurus  🔍
Display ON
Animation ON
Legend
Synonym
Antonym
Related
  • noun

Words related to protein

References in periodicals archive ?
This technology is based on active immunotherapy to generate an immune response through the administration of an immunogenic complex involving the target cytokine to a carrier protein.
Since triacylglycerols (triglycerides) are not available in liver, therefore, very low density lipoproteins (VLDL) are synthesized in liver in lesser amounts (triacylglyerides are incorporated in VLDLs and carrier proteins of these particles are apoprotein B which are also synthesized in liver).
The second step in non-ribosomal peptide biosynthesis is the transfer of the activated aminoacyl moiety from the adenylate to the thiol group of the adjacent carrier protein domain.
Approximately 95% to 98% of testosterone is bound to a carrier protein at any given time, leaving just the remaining 2% to 5% as completely unbound and available for tissues to use.
Battesti and Bouveret (6) have shown that during fatty acid starvation (p)ppGpp synthetase activity of SpoT is regulated through an interaction of the TGS domain of the enzyme with the acyl carrier protein (ACP), a central co-factor in fatty acid biosynthesis.
The nonprofit group, which gets much of its financing from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, will also pay the FDA about $480,000 for its work on the project, which will include improving the conjugation technology that links a piece of the bacterium's surface coating, a polysaccharide made up of long chains of sugars, to a special molecule called a carrier protein.
259) hypothesized that associations might be modified by a common variant allele of the aminolevulinic acid dehydratase (ALAD) gene, which encodes the primary carrier protein for lead in blood.
The reference gene are stearoyl carrier protein desaturase 2 (SAD)", said a Danish Plant Directorate spokesman.
The biosynthesis of omega-3 in deep-sea bacteria takes place not by the desaturation and elongation of saturated fatty acids, but rather by a polyunsaturated fatty acid (PUFA) synthase system which resembles a PKS in that it builds the fatty acid one acyl unit at a time, introducing the double bonds as the chain grows attached to an acyl carrier protein (35).
Triclosan is known to act on enoyl-acyl carrier protein reductase, called Fab 1.
Further development was undertaken; the Hib polysaccharide was conjugated to a carrier protein and this process then gave an effective vaccine that could be administered to the under 2-year age group.
One candidate gene, although unproven, for the Fas locus in soybean, is the [DELTA]9 stearoyl-acyl carrier protein (ACP) desaturase (Wilson, 2004).
For the development of the calpastatin immunosensor, an antibody--Mouse anti Calpastatin, was conjugated to an acceptor fluorophore, Alexa Fluor 546, while the carrier protein, Protein G, was conjugated to the donor fluorophore, Alexa Fluor 594.
The solution called for a 'conjugate' vaccine, one that's attached to a carrier protein equipped with a specific immunogenic property.
The seventeen chapters have titles: Niche marketing for new oilseeds - an industrial perspective; Influences of findings in nutrition on the fats on oils industry; Environmentally acceptable lubricants; Resource allocation in developing oilseeds; Phosphoenolpyruvate metabolism of developing oilseeds; Regulation of lipid synthesis in castor seeds - analysis of the in vivo acyl-acyl carrier protein pools; Lipid biosynthesis in pea root plastids and some effects of glycolitic intermediates; Lipid biosynthesis in micropore-derived embryos of Brassica napus L; Fatty acid elongation in seeds of arabidopsis thaliana; Biosynthesis of triglycerols in Brassica napus L.