References in periodicals archive ?
WILD The stuffed Canadian Lynx at the Bristol Museum
Francesca Pearson contributes The Leopard (pastel), while there's a broody-eyed Kalahari Lion by Jean Webster and also her delightful Canadian Lynx Cubs (both watercolours).
SNOW SCENE: A stuffed Canadian Lynx in a natural landscape GRIM: A Merseyside police wildlife officer shows an ocelot fur and a stuffed cobra (right) seized in the raid
Peterson (1966) reported average hind foot length in eastern Canadian lynx as significantly larger (24.0 cm).
Then there's the Canadian lynx, spotted in the vicinity more than a year ago.
Forest Service revealed that seven researchers employed by the agency to conduct a habitat survey of the endangered Canadian lynx had planted hairs from that wildcat species in three national forests in Washington.
In the 1990s, the Fish and Wildlife Service began to consider listing the Canadian lynx on the U.S.
"A 34-pound Canadian lynx, an animal found primarily in northern states such as Maine and Montana, was carried through (veterinary school's) doors with two broken bones and multiple leg fractures."
The puma is far larger than its two feline cousins--the bobcat (Lynx rufus) and Canadian lynx (Lynx canadensis)--and considerably bigger than other North American carnivores, such as the wolf (Canis lupus).
Vail's expansions have been fought tooth and nail over the past two years by local environmental groups, such as Colorado Wild, and national organisations like the Sierra Club, because their Category III expansion is destroying part of Colorado's last known habitat for the endangered Canadian lynx. In November 1998, eco-terrorists were so incensed that the development was going ahead, despite warnings from the state's Fish and Wildlife Service, that they set fire to a large part of the development while it was still under construction.
"In some cases reintroduction is a powerful tool, but for others, it's really not a factor." The reintroduction of Canadian lynx into southern Colorado stirred controversy when 10 of the 41 lynx released this past year died from such causes as starvation and speeding vehicles.
Congress has earmarked $2.4 million to pave a nine-mile stretch of gravel road on the western border of Glacier National Park, and environmentalists fear that it will disrupt one of the few ecosystems in the lower 48 states that hosts the endangered grizzly bear, gray wolf, and the rare Canadian lynx. The North Fork Road lies in a 60-mile corridor that provides isolated habitat for the large carnivores to move between British Columbia and the U.S.
This is consistent with the observations of the Canadian lynx Lynx canadensis by Kolbe & Squires (2007).
Ed Laquidara also showed the children a pine snake, skunk, eagle owl and Canadian lynx.
And so the postcards came: Canadian Mounties, Lumber Raft on the Ottawa River, The Canadian Lynx...
Thesaurus browser ?
- Canada anemone
- Canada balsam
- Canada garlic
- Canada ginger
- Canada goose
- Canada jay
- Canada lily
- Canada lynx
- Canada moonseed
- Canada plum
- Canada porcupine
- Canada thistle
- Canada violet
- Canada wild rye
- Canadian aspen
- Canadian bacon
- Canadian capital
- Canadian dollar
- Canadian Falls
- Canadian fleabane
- Canadian French
- Canadian goldenrod
- Canadian goose
- Canadian hemlock
- Canadian Lynx
- Canadian Maritime Provinces
- Canadian pondweed
- Canadian province
- Canadian red pine
- Canadian River
- Canadian Security Intelligence Service
- Canadian Shield
- Canakkale Bogazi
- canal boat
- canal of Schlemm
- Canal Zone
- canalis cervicis uteri
- canalis inguinalis
- canalis vertebralis
- Canandaigua Lake
Full browser ?
- Canadian Literary Periodicals Index
- Canadian literature
- Canadian literature, English
- Canadian literature, French
- Canadian Liver Foundation
- Canadian Livestock Export Association
- Canadian Livestock Genetics Association
- Canadian Livestock Identification Agency
- Canadian Livestock Records Corporation
- Canadian Livestock Tracking System
- Canadian Llama & Alpaca Association
- Canadian lock
- Canadian Locomotive Company Ltd.
- Canadian Log Builders' Association
- Canadian Logistics Operation Center
- Canadian Logistics Services
- Canadian Long Term Pavement Performance
- Canadian Longitudinal Study on Aging
- Canadian Loss Experience Automobile Rating
- Canadian Lumber Manufacturers Association
- Canadian Lumber Standards
- Canadian Lumber Standards Accreditation Board
- Canadian Lumber System
- Canadian Lumber Trade Alliance
- Canadian Lumbermen's Association
- Canadian Lung Association
- Canadian Lung Volume Reduction
- Canadian Lutheran Bible Institute
- Canadian Lutheran World Relief
- Canadian Lutheran Youth Gathering
- Canadian Lynx
- Canadian lynxes
- Canadian lynxes
- Canadian Machine Gun Corps
- Canadian Machine Gun Depot
- Canadian Machine Knitting Guild
- Canadian Machine Quilters Association
- Canadian Machinery Vibration Association
- Canadian Macromolecular Crystallography Facility
- Canadian Magazine Publishers Association
- Canadian Magen David Adom for Israel
- Canadian Major Football League
- Canadian Major Indoor Soccer League
- Canadian Major Junior Hockey League
- Canadian Malignant Hyperthermia Association
- Canadian Malt Industry Association
- Canadian Malting Barley Technical Centre
- Canadian Management Centre
- Canadian Manchester Terrier Club
- Canadian Manoeuvre Training Centre
- Canadian Manufactured Housing Institute
- Canadian Manufacturers and Exporters
- Canadian Manufacturers Association
- Canadian Manufacturers of Chemical Specialties
- Canadian Maple (coin)
- Canadian Marconi Company
- Canadian Marine Advisory Council
- Canadian Marine Environmental Protection Society
- Canadian Marine Manufacturers Association
- Canadian Marine Officers Union
- Canadian Marine Rescue Auxiliary