References in periodicals archive ?
The California condor is an endangered vulture species that lives in the western U.S.
The California condor is North America's largest land bird, with a wingspan of 9.5 feet.
The research was part of an ongoing push on the West Coast to reduce the use of lead ammunition by hunters to prevent lead poisoning of wildlife in general, and specifically to protect California condors and pave the way for their potential future return to historical ranges in the Pacific Northwest.
The California condor still relies on human intervention for its survival --the constant fight against lead poisoning, consumption of trash, loss of critical habitat and these bird's perpetual curiosity keep it on the brink of extinction.
Yet, 30 years later, some still debate those decisions and the future direction of the California condor recovery program.
San Ramon, CA, April 08, 2015 --(PR.com)-- Sunset Development Company, planner and developer of the Bishop Ranch business community, has partnered with non-profit Save Mount Diablo as a California Condor Sponsor for 2015.
The act has aided in the protection of endangered species like the gray wolf, woodland caribou, and California condor.
sandersi (top) would have dwarfed modern-day fliers, including the California condor (bottom left) and the wandering albatross (right).
Fish and Wildlife Service, lead caused 34 percent of the 123 California Condor deaths from 1992 to 2012.
There is no better qualified team to produce this extremely skilled and comprehensive report on the history of the California Condor in the Pacific Northwest, and the prospects for its reintroduction.
The California Condor (Gymnogyps californianus) is a New World vulture, the largest North American land bird.
Under the Endangered Species Act, the California condor, grizzly bear, Okaloosa darter, whooping crane, and black-footed ferret have all been brought back from the brink of extinction.
Lead poisoning and the deceptive recovery of the critically endangered California condor. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 109(28):11449-11454.
The story turns on the possibility that the endangered California condor may be nesting in the very spot designated for development.
De la oscuridad profunda del canon, veo arriba un enorme California condor flotando, deslizandose, subiendo y bajando.
Thesaurus browser ?
- calico aster
- calico bush
- calico cat
- calico crab
- Calidris canutus
- Calidris Ferruginea
- Calidris melanotos
- California allspice
- California bay tree
- California beauty
- California black oak
- California black walnut
- California bluebell
- California box elder
- California buckthorn
- California buckwheat
- California coffee
- California condor
- California dandelion
- California false morel
- California fern
- California four o'clock
- California fuchsia
- California lady's slipper
- California laurel
- California live oak
- California newt
- California nutmeg
- California olive
- California Personality Inventory
- California pitcher plant
- California pompano
- California poppy
- California privet
- California quail
- California redbud
- California redwood
- California romero
- California sage
- California sagebrush
- California sea lion
- California single-leaf pinyon
- California sycamore
Full browser ?
- California Community College Economic Development Network
- California Community College Foreign Language Council
- California Community College Forensics Association
- California Community College Placement Association
- California Community College Software Consortium
- California Community College Sports Information Association
- California Community College Student Affairs Association
- California Community College Tennis Coaches Association
- California Community College Transfers
- California community colleges
- California Community Colleges - Chancellor's Office
- California Community Colleges Chief Instructional Officers
- California Community Colleges Classified Senate
- California Community Colleges Economic Workforce Development
- California Community Colleges Electronic Access and Resources
- California Community Colleges Real Estate Education Center
- California Community Colleges system
- California Community Colleges Technology Center
- California Community Dispute Services
- California Community Economic Development Association
- California Community Foundation
- California Community Partnership for the Prevention of Financial Abuse
- California Community Redevelopment Law
- California Community Technology Policy Group
- California Compassionate Use Act of 1996
- California Compensation Institute
- California Competitive Grant Program in Viticulture and Enology
- California Competitive Youth Baseball
- California Compost Quality Council
- California Computer Products, Incorporated
- California condor
- California condors
- California condors
- California condors
- California Conference for the Advancement of Ceramic Art
- California Conference of Arson Investigators
- California Conference of Directors of Environmental Health
- California Conference of Local AIDS Directors
- California Conference of Local Health Officers
- California Conference of Mason Contractor Associations
- California Congress of Parents, Teachers, and Students, Inc.
- California Conservation Corps
- California Conservatory of Dance
- California Consortium for Critical Educators
- California Consortium for Independent Study
- California Consortium for Teacher Development
- California Consortium of Education Foundations
- California Consortium of Virtual Educators
- California Construction Contracting Program
- California Construction Trucking Association
- California Consumer Health Care Council
- California Consumer Protection Foundation
- California Continuing Resource Investment Strategy Project
- California Contract Cities Association
- California Contractors Alliance
- California Cooperative Education and Internship Association
- California Cooperative Healthcare Reporting Initiative
- California Cooperative HEDIS Reporting Initiative
- California Cooperative Occupational Information System
- California Cooperative Oceanic Fisheries Investigations
- California Cooperative Remote Sensing Project