References in periodicals archive ?
Even Alderman Crichton, an avowed Liberal, conceded that the rationale for the decision was "a pretty thin one." In its editorial, the Herald lamented that "certain partizan interests of this city apparently thought that the average intelligence of the people was not such as would permit people to vote sanely," so they pulled wires in Edmonton "and the government was lined up to support the small Calgary faction." The killing of the bill had "ruthlessly and unwarrantedly" abrogated the "self-government rights of the city" and was therefore a "personal affront" to every Calgarian. As expected, the Albertan's impression differed.
People identify themselves culturally with varying degrees of intensity; someone might say she is a Calgarian, an Albertan, a Presbytarian, a Christian, a Canadian, a North American, and a Westerner.
In what was (wrongly) considered to be a not-so-good year for Canadian film, the deserving, if out-of-left-field winner of both the Telefilm Canada Award for Best Emerging Western Canadian Feature-Film Director and the Rogers Video Western Canada Screenwriter's Award, was Calgarian Robert Cuffley's debut drama Turning Paige.
The proceeds from the work were donated to Theatre Calgary, a Calgarian non-profit theater group.
BY the torpedoing of the Allan Line steamer Calgarian on March 1, Stoker W E Lloyd lost his life.
A native Calgarian, Rempel brought the Harper government's vow that the "West means business."
The Geography of Hope by Calgarian Chris Turner and The World Without Us by American author and journalist Alan Weisman have caught readers' attention.
Besides, what sane Calgarian or Vancouverite would want to live in Regina?
O'Byrne was blistering in his assessment of fellow Calgarian Phipps, saying he's convinced the moderator will be turfed by United Church officials for his public denial of the divinity of Christ.
In the cast I saw, Calgarian Matthew Bruce sang the part of the hapless Candide charmingly.
Artists including Quebec's Gregory Charles and Vancouver-based crooner Michael Buble will line up with newcomers such as Canadian Idol Calgarian Melissa O'Neil for one of the coveted Junos, which recognize everything from best pop album of the year to best contemporary Christian group.
Unless you are a character in the movie Waydowntown, a film written and directed by Calgarian Gary Burns which depicts four Calgarian office workers engaged in a bet as to who can stay indoors the longest, you WILL see some snow.
Tom Pinder, now an 85-year-old Calgarian, was a gun-loader and a wireless operator back in 1942.
A Calgarian going eastward at Winnipeg met a Calgarian returning westward and they began at once to speak of the rich prospects of the home city, the home-comer glorying in the fact that he was returning to God's country.
Canada Credit Fix's CEO Sheldon Wolf, himself a Calgarian, has stepped up to contribute to his city's recovery by donating $1000 to the Red Cross Flood Relief Fund.
Thesaurus browser ?
- calendar day
- calendar method
- calendar method of birth control
- calendar month
- calendar week
- calendar year
- Calendula officinalis
- Caley pea
- calf bone
- calf love
- calf roping
- calf's brain
- calf's liver
- calf's tongue
- calf's-foot jelly
- Cali cartel
- calico aster
- calico bush
- calico cat
- calico crab
- Calidris canutus
- Calidris Ferruginea
- Calidris melanotos
- California allspice
Full browser ?
- Calgary Aboriginal Urban Affairs Committee
- Calgary Adult Hockey League
- Calgary Adult Playground Club
- Calgary Agile Methods Users Group
- Calgary Airport Authority
- Calgary Alberta
- Calgary Alberta
- Calgary Alpha House Society
- Calgary Alternative Transportation Co-Operative
- Calgary Amateur Radio Association
- Calgary and District Labour Council
- Calgary Architecture and Urban Studies Alliance
- Calgary Area Baseball Umpires Association
- Calgary Arts Development
- Calgary Association for the Development of Music Education
- Calgary Association of Parents and School Councils
- Calgary Association of Professional Coaches
- Calgary Association of Women and the Law
- Calgary Bantam Football Association
- Calgary Basketball Officials Association
- Calgary Beach Volleyball Association
- Calgary Bicycle Track League
- Calgary Birth Control Association
- Calgary Block Parent Association
- Calgary Board of Education