References in periodicals archive ?
People identify themselves culturally with varying degrees of intensity; someone might say she is a Calgarian, an Albertan, a Presbytarian, a Christian, a Canadian, a North American, and a Westerner.
In what was (wrongly) considered to be a not-so-good year for Canadian film, the deserving, if out-of-left-field winner of both the Telefilm Canada Award for Best Emerging Western Canadian Feature-Film Director and the Rogers Video Western Canada Screenwriter's Award, was Calgarian Robert Cuffley's debut drama Turning Paige.
The proceeds from the work were donated to Theatre Calgary, a Calgarian non-profit theater group.
Its specific aim is to examine (1) the role of housing accessibility in the adaptation experiences of the study population, (2) the factors that influence the type of housing available to them, and (3) the situation that Africans face in the Calgarian housing market.
In the cast I saw, Calgarian Matthew Bruce sang the part of the hapless Candide charmingly.
These included the White Star's Celtic, Laurentic and Teutonic, Pacific Canadian's Calgarian, Alsatian and Virginian, Booth Steamship Company's Hildebrand and Hilary, and Bibby Brothers' Gloucestershire.
A native Calgarian, Rempel brought the Harper government's vow that the "West means business.
The Geography of Hope by Calgarian Chris Turner and The World Without Us by American author and journalist Alan Weisman have caught readers' attention.
I was born and raised in Alberta, a Calgarian, moved to London, England, to attend university and thence to Ontario for 30 years, after which I returned in 1995 to Edmonton, the home of the University of Alberta.
Besides, what sane Calgarian or Vancouverite would want to live in Regina?
O'Byrne was blistering in his assessment of fellow Calgarian Phipps, saying he's convinced the moderator will be turfed by United Church officials for his public denial of the divinity of Christ.
The authors' fellow Calgarian, cable baron Jim Shaw, achieved broadcasting industry infamy this fall when he slagged Canadian television programs.
Artists including Quebec's Gregory Charles and Vancouver-based crooner Michael Buble will line up with newcomers such as Canadian Idol Calgarian Melissa O'Neil for one of the coveted Junos, which recognize everything from best pop album of the year to best contemporary Christian group.
Although Bennett was not a Calgarian by birth, he became one of Calgary's most renowned citizens by adoption.
Unless you are a character in the movie Waydowntown, a film written and directed by Calgarian Gary Burns which depicts four Calgarian office workers engaged in a bet as to who can stay indoors the longest, you WILL see some snow.
Thesaurus browser ?
- calendar day
- calendar method
- calendar method of birth control
- calendar month
- calendar week
- calendar year
- Calendula officinalis
- Caley pea
- calf bone
- calf love
- calf roping
- calf's brain
- calf's liver
- calf's tongue
- calf's-foot jelly
- Cali cartel
- calico aster
- calico bush
- calico cat
- calico crab
- Calidris canutus
- Calidris Ferruginea
- Calidris melanotos
- California allspice
Full browser ?
- Calgary Aboriginal Urban Affairs Committee
- Calgary Adult Playground Club
- Calgary Agile Methods Users Group
- Calgary Alberta
- Calgary Alberta
- Calgary Alternative Transportation Co-Operative
- Calgary Amateur Radio Association
- Calgary and District Labour Council
- Calgary Architecture and Urban Studies Alliance
- Calgary Area Baseball Umpires Association
- Calgary Association for the Development of Music Education
- Calgary Association of Parents and School Councils
- Calgary Association of Professional Coaches
- Calgary Association of Women and the Law
- Calgary Bantam Football Association
- Calgary Basketball Officials Association
- Calgary Beach Volleyball Association
- Calgary Bicycle Track League
- Calgary Birth Control Association
- Calgary Block Parent Association
- Calgary Board of Education
- Calgary Canadian Irish Athletic Club
- Calgary Centre of Performing Arts
- Calgary Chamber of Voluntary Organizations
- Calgary Chapter Alberta Association on Gerontology