References in periodicals archive ?
Bristol Channel, Khalid Abdullah's Lingfield Oaks Trial winner who was then runner-up in the Galtres Stakes at York, beat Lady In Waiting in a Listed event on soft ground at Ascot 13 days ago.
There is only one sea-going paddle steamer left in the world, namely the Clyde-based Waverley whose visits to the Bristol Channel are all too brief.
The group claims the Government is ignoring the importance of the Outer Bristol Channel site as a breeding site for the marine life because of its interest in developing offshore wind farms.
It was back on track when an extra 80 people volunteered but disaster struck in June when the stone sunk after slipping off two Stone Age-style boats while being transported across the Bristol Channel.
But Bristol Channel coped admirably as she hit the front two furlongs out and was driven clear by Darryll Holland to hold the runner-up by a length and a half, with favourite Altaweelah last.
Funding requests have been made to councils on both sides of the Bristol Channel.
Mark Robins of the RSPB said: "[We welcome] this discussion document and we believe its publication marks a good starting point for a more conscious strategy for building up renewable energy outputs that build in the high nature value of the Bristol Channel and Severn estuary.
If the Third Reich had overrun the South of England, it is highly unlikely thatthey would have stopped at the Bristol Channel.
Police said his body could have been carried hundreds of miles because of the strength of tides and currents in the Bristol Channel.
Bristol Channel, lightly raced this season, has been working nicely on the Faringdon Road gallops in preparation for the Riggs Bank Harvest Stakes (5.
It was good to see and hear the recent publicity in the Echo about the paddle steamer Waverley's brief history and short season in the Bristol Channel ("Paddle steamer back for one-day voyage", June 6).
Now the lighthouse, at the entrance to the Bristol Channel, is open to the public.
Watersport crazy Thor made his 25-mile journey across the perilous Bristol Channel after getting blown off course.
Though history is with her, the Aga Khan-owned Kadaka may have her work cut out in the face of a stiff challenge from a talented field including Bristol Channel, Rambling Rose and Souffle.
We are concerned at proposals for fracking in the Vale and a further nuclear power station across the Bristol Channel.
Thesaurus browser ?
- bristle at
- bristle brush
- bristle fern
- bristle grass
- bristle up
- bristlecone fir
- bristlecone pine
- bristly locust
- bristly oxtongue
- bristly sarsaparilla
- bristly sarsparilla
- Bristol Channel
- Britannia metal
- British Cabinet
- British capacity unit
- British capital
- British Columbia
- British Commonwealth
- British East Africa
- British Empire
- British empiricism
- British Guiana
- British Honduras
- British House of Commons
- British House of Lords
- British Imperial System
- British Isles
- British Labour Party
- British monetary unit
- British Parliament
- British people
Full browser ?
- Bristol Area Community Enterprise Network
- Bristol Area Downs Syndrome Support
- Bristol Autism Research Group
- Bristol Avon
- Bristol Bay
- Bristol Bay Area Health Corporation
- Bristol Bay Borough
- Bristol Bay Borough School District
- Bristol Bay Borough, AK
- Bristol Bay Borough, Alaska
- Bristol Bay Economic Development Corporation
- Bristol Bay Environmental Science Laboratory
- Bristol Bay Housing Authority
- Bristol Bay Native Association
- Bristol Bay Native Corporation
- Bristol Bay Red King Crab
- Bristol Bay Regional Seafood Development Association
- Bristol Bay Science and Research Institute
- Bristol board
- Bristol board
- Bristol Brass and Wind Ensemble
- Bristol brick
- Bristol Campaign against Arms Trade
- Bristol Cancer Help Center diet
- Bristol Cancer Help Centre
- Bristol Casuals Football Association
- Bristol Central High School
- Bristol Centre for Antimicrobial Research and Evaluation
- Bristol Centre for Applied Nonlinear Mathematics
- Bristol Centre for Complexity Sciences
- Bristol Channel
- Bristol Channel Cutter
- Bristol Childhood Leukaemia Research Consortium
- Bristol Christian Action Network
- Bristol Churches Regeneration Network
- Bristol City Football Club
- Bristol College of Massage & Bodywork
- Bristol Colloid Center
- Bristol Commercial Vehicle Register
- Bristol Commercial Vehicles Ltd.
- Bristol Community College
- Bristol Community Housing Foundation
- Bristol Concert Orchestra
- Bristol Concert Wind Band
- Bristol Contributory Welfare Association
- Bristol County
- Bristol County Agricultural High School
- Bristol County Beekeepers Association
- Bristol County Educators Association
- Bristol County Horsemen's Association
- Bristol County, MA
- Bristol County, Massachusetts
- Bristol County, Rhode Island
- Bristol County, RI
- Bristol Crisis Service for Women
- Bristol Cultural Development Partnership
- Bristol Debt Advice Centre
- Bristol Defend Asylum Seekers Campaign
- Bristol Dental Alumni Association
- Bristol diamond
- Bristol diet therapy