References in periodicals archive ?
Are they not aware that during 1607 a Great Flood inundated land for miles on both sides of the Bristol Channel with flood water surging up to six miles on to the South Gloucester levels - although more worryingly, flooded the Somerset levels as far as Glastonbury Tor?
The final week, when Melissa swims into the Bristol Channel, will be the most dangerous as it has the second highest tidal range in the world.
But they misjudged the strong tidal surge of the Bristol Channel and their inflatable dinghy took them to Barry.
He said: "All coasts are at risk of tsunami and the 1755 tsunami, generated from an earthquake offshore near Lisbon, hit Cornwall, Devon and southern Ireland, with waves up to 3m (9ft) high, and is very likely to have hit the western South Wales coasts of the outer Bristol Channel, although there are no records I can recall.
Some experts also think the 1607 Bristol Channel floods were also caused by a tsunami.
Severn, which unveils its annual results in May, serves a population of more than 8m people from the Bristol Channel to the Humber and from mid-Wales to the East Midlands.
Severn serves a population of more than eight million people from mid-Wales to the East Midlands and from the Bristol Channel to the Humber.
A man who took his speedboat for a spin in the Bristol Channel after an all-night drinking session sparked a massive rescue operation by coastguards, lifeboats and an RAF helicopter.
A FENCE of tidal turbines spanning the Bristol Channel could be built and supply electricity to the National Grid within two years.
A TEENAGE boy is celebrating becoming the youngest person to swim the Bristol Channel.
The findings will be presented today at a scientific meeting about the Bristol Channel floods of 1607 and show that insured losses from a modern day repeat of the conditions that led to the floods, potentially could be up to pounds 13 billion for the worst case scenario.
Recruitment has started for a handyman and a general assistant to fill permanent posts on Lundy Island, a three mile by half-mile granite outcrop in the Bristol Channel.
Lundy Island in the Bristol Channel is three miles long by half a mile wide.
The crew of the Dina abandoned ship at 6.30am after issuing a Mayday call warning that their ship was sinking in the Bristol Channel, around 35 miles south west of the coast of Pembrokeshire in Wales.
Thesaurus browser ?
- bristle at
- bristle brush
- bristle fern
- bristle grass
- bristle up
- bristlecone fir
- bristlecone pine
- bristly locust
- bristly oxtongue
- bristly sarsaparilla
- bristly sarsparilla
- Bristol Channel
- Britannia metal
- British Cabinet
- British capacity unit
- British capital
- British Columbia
- British Commonwealth
- British East Africa
- British Empire
- British empiricism
- British Guiana
- British Honduras
- British House of Commons
- British House of Lords
- British Imperial System
- British Isles
- British Labour Party
- British monetary unit
- British Parliament
- British people
Full browser ?
- Bristol Area Community Enterprise Network
- Bristol Area Downs Syndrome Support
- Bristol Autism Research Group
- Bristol Avon
- Bristol Bay
- Bristol Bay Area Health Corporation
- Bristol Bay Borough
- Bristol Bay Borough School District
- Bristol Bay Borough, AK
- Bristol Bay Borough, Alaska
- Bristol Bay Economic Development Corporation
- Bristol Bay Environmental Science Laboratory
- Bristol Bay Housing Authority
- Bristol Bay Native Association
- Bristol Bay Native Corporation
- Bristol Bay Red King Crab
- Bristol Bay Regional Seafood Development Association
- Bristol Bay Science and Research Institute
- Bristol board
- Bristol board
- Bristol Brass and Wind Ensemble
- Bristol brick
- Bristol Campaign against Arms Trade
- Bristol Cancer Help Center diet
- Bristol Cancer Help Centre
- Bristol Casuals Football Association
- Bristol Central High School
- Bristol Centre for Antimicrobial Research and Evaluation
- Bristol Centre for Applied Nonlinear Mathematics
- Bristol Centre for Complexity Sciences
- Bristol Channel
- Bristol Channel Cutter
- Bristol Childhood Leukaemia Research Consortium
- Bristol Christian Action Network
- Bristol Churches Regeneration Network
- Bristol City Football Club
- Bristol College of Massage & Bodywork
- Bristol Colloid Center
- Bristol Commercial Vehicle Register
- Bristol Commercial Vehicles Ltd.
- Bristol Community College
- Bristol Community FM
- Bristol Community Housing Foundation
- Bristol Concert Orchestra
- Bristol Concert Wind Band
- Bristol Contributory Welfare Association
- Bristol County
- Bristol County Agricultural High School
- Bristol County Beekeepers Association
- Bristol County Educators Association
- Bristol County Horsemen's Association
- Bristol County Sheriff's Office
- Bristol County, MA
- Bristol County, Massachusetts
- Bristol County, Rhode Island
- Bristol County, RI
- Bristol Crisis Service for Women
- Bristol Cultural Development Partnership
- Bristol Debt Advice Centre
- Bristol Defend Asylum Seekers Campaign
- Bristol Dental Alumni Association