References in periodicals archive ?
Yet, in a matter of hours, the Glenart Castle sank with enormous loss of life off Lundy Island in the Bristol Channel.
The company is now hoping to extend its sailing season by an extra week in October to give our Bristol Channel passengers opportunity to transfer to another cruise.
As the offshore wind industry develops over the next decade and on the back of more viable technologies being demonstrated, expected innovation and cost reduction may in the future open up opportunities in the more challenging areas, such as in the Bristol Channel.
In reality, people who live on the Bristol Channel floodplain are generally unaware of the quite considerable risk they face from surge-tide combinations exceeding the sea defences.
On a clear day, a walk to the end is rewarded with fine views across the Bristol Channel to South Wales.
Expert David Coggins, who has studied UFOs for 30 years, said: "I'm told that in the past three months airline pilots have been reporting at least two or three encounters a week with UFOs over the Bristol Channel.
30am to visit one of the islands in the Bristol Channel.
The Bristol Channel is one of the busiest shipping lanes in the country and has dangerous currents.
The findings will be presented today at a scientific meeting about the Bristol Channel floods of 1607 and show that insured losses from a modern day repeat of the conditions that led to the floods potentially could be up to pounds 13bn for the worst case scenario.
Recruitment has started for a handyman and a general assistant to fill permanent posts on Lundy Island, a three mile by half-mile granite outcrop in the Bristol Channel.
Lundy Island in the Bristol Channel is three miles long by half a mile wide.
30am after issuing a Mayday call warning that their ship was sinking in the Bristol Channel, around 35 miles south west of the coast of Pembrokeshire in Wales.
The 102ft catamaran left Avonmouth, on the Bristol Channel, on December 14 after a two year re-fit in Bristol docks, one of six giant boats in the 27,000-mile, 65-day race.
HIGH AND LOW and Bristol Channel, both trained by Barry Hills, were among four horses added to the field for the Perpetual St Simon Stakes-now to be run at Newmarket on Saturday-when entries were reopened yesterday.
Detailed insets of Northern England, London, the Bristol Channel and Finland
Thesaurus browser ?
- bristle at
- bristle brush
- bristle fern
- bristle grass
- bristle up
- bristlecone fir
- bristlecone pine
- bristly locust
- bristly oxtongue
- bristly sarsaparilla
- bristly sarsparilla
- Bristol Channel
- Britannia metal
- British Cabinet
- British capacity unit
- British capital
- British Columbia
- British Commonwealth
- British East Africa
- British Empire
- British empiricism
- British Guiana
- British Honduras
- British House of Commons
- British House of Lords
- British Imperial System
- British Isles
- British Labour Party
- British monetary unit
- British Parliament
- British people
Full browser ?
- Bristol Area Community Enterprise Network
- Bristol Area Downs Syndrome Support
- Bristol Autism Research Group
- Bristol Avon
- Bristol Bay
- Bristol Bay Area Health Corporation
- Bristol Bay Borough
- Bristol Bay Borough School District
- Bristol Bay Borough, AK
- Bristol Bay Borough, Alaska
- Bristol Bay Economic Development Corporation
- Bristol Bay Environmental Science Laboratory
- Bristol Bay Housing Authority
- Bristol Bay Native Association
- Bristol Bay Native Corporation
- Bristol Bay Red King Crab
- Bristol Bay Regional Seafood Development Association
- Bristol Bay Science and Research Institute
- Bristol board
- Bristol board
- Bristol Brass and Wind Ensemble
- Bristol brick
- Bristol Campaign against Arms Trade
- Bristol Cancer Help Center diet
- Bristol Cancer Help Centre
- Bristol Casuals Football Association
- Bristol Central High School
- Bristol Centre for Antimicrobial Research and Evaluation
- Bristol Centre for Applied Nonlinear Mathematics
- Bristol Centre for Complexity Sciences
- Bristol Channel
- Bristol Channel Cutter
- Bristol Childhood Leukaemia Research Consortium
- Bristol Christian Action Network
- Bristol Churches Regeneration Network
- Bristol City Football Club
- Bristol College of Massage & Bodywork
- Bristol Colloid Center
- Bristol Commercial Vehicle Register
- Bristol Commercial Vehicles Ltd.
- Bristol Community College
- Bristol Community Housing Foundation
- Bristol Concert Orchestra
- Bristol Concert Wind Band
- Bristol Contributory Welfare Association
- Bristol County
- Bristol County Agricultural High School
- Bristol County Beekeepers Association
- Bristol County Educators Association
- Bristol County Horsemen's Association
- Bristol County, MA
- Bristol County, Massachusetts
- Bristol County, Rhode Island
- Bristol County, RI
- Bristol Crisis Service for Women
- Bristol Cultural Development Partnership
- Bristol Debt Advice Centre
- Bristol Defend Asylum Seekers Campaign
- Bristol Dental Alumni Association
- Bristol diamond
- Bristol diet therapy