References in periodicals archive ?
President Calvin Coolidge signed the Boulder Canyon Project Act authorizing construction of Boulder Dam and the All-American Canal on December 21, 1928.
Relying mostly on rail travellers for business, during the 1920s almost fifty prostitutes worked in Las Vegas, a number that reached nearly 300 during the construction of the Boulder Dam.
The 10-year renovation of the Boulder Dam Hotel brought the 1933 building, which is on the National Register of Historic Places, back from near destruction.
Boulder dams occurred in drainage lines and in joint crevice fans and were smaller and further apart with increasing distance from the top of each bench.
Construction of the Hoover Dam, originally called Boulder Dam, was begun at Las Vegas, Nev.
She plunged into a campaign for the preservation of Indian and Spanish handicrafts, became an amateur folklorist, and represented New Maxico at the Boulder Dam Conference in 1927, fighting for the regional autonomy of the mountain and desert states.
Denver Water (Denver, Colorado) built the Gross Reservoir Dam near Boulder Dam in 1954, and when originally built, it had plans to add a powerhouse that never came to fruition.
Brandi Stankovic, human resources consultant for Boulder Dam Credit Union in Boulder City, Nev.
In 1936, Boulder Dam, now Hoover Dam, began operation as President Franklin D.
1933); "Aspens, Dawn, Autumn, Dolores River Canyon, Colorado" (1937); "The Tetons and the Snake River, Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming" (1942); and a rare image of Boulder Dam (1941).
n Throughout the century of its life, it has shown a doubling of its population with every ten-year census and continues on the same trend today, remaining the fastest-growing metropolitan area in the United StatesThe boom years really began with the construction of nearby Boulder Dam, later renamed the Hoover Dam, in 1931.
If Boulder Dam was to become a reality, this fear would have to be eased and quickly.
You can see Hay walking down the cobblestone lane from his beautiful home on his 10-acre estate to the rock boathouse he called Boulder Dam.
Boulder Dam, which contained the reservoir, was later renamed Hoover Dam.
He is currently a member of the board of directors for the Boulder Dam Area Council of Boy Scouts of America and is a member of the Turnaround Management Association and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
Thesaurus browser ?
- botulinum toxin
- botulinum toxin A
- botulinus toxin
- Bougainvillea glabra
- bouillon cube
- boulder clay
- Boulder Dam
- boulder fern
- bounce back
- bounce out
- bouncing Bess
- bouncing Bet
- bouncing betty
- bouncing putty
- bound form
- bound morpheme
- bound off
- bound up
Full browser ?
- Boulder County Democratic Party
- Boulder County Drug Task Force
- Boulder County Employees Association
- Boulder County Family Child Care Association
- Boulder County Farmers Market
- Boulder County Fire Fighters Association
- Boulder County Foster Parent Association
- Boulder County Healthy Communities Initiative
- Boulder County Horse Association
- Boulder County Housing Authority
- Boulder County Mosquito Control District
- Boulder County Nature Association
- Boulder County Parks and Open Space
- Boulder County Parks and Open Space Department
- Boulder County Prevention and Intervention Program
- Boulder County Public Health
- Boulder County Railway Historical Society
- Boulder County Real Estate Investors
- Boulder County Rental Housing Association
- Boulder County Sheriff's Office
- Boulder County, CO
- Boulder County, Colorado
- boulder cracker
- Boulder Creek Community Leadership Council
- Boulder Creek Elementary
- Boulder Creek Fire Department
- Boulder Creek Golf Club
- Boulder Creek Recreation and Park District
- Boulder Creek Watershed Initiative
- Boulder Daily Camera
- Boulder Dam
- Boulder Dam Area Council
- Boulder Dam Recreation Area
- Boulder Dash
- Boulder Denver Book Club
- Boulder Digital Arts
- boulder ditch
- Boulder Early Music Shop
- Boulder Election Watch
- Boulder Emergency Squad
- Boulder Ensemble Theatre Company
- Boulder Farmers' Market
- boulder fern
- Boulder Final Cut Users Group
- Boulder Friends of Jazz
- Boulder Green Building Guild
- Boulder Improv Jam Association
- Boulder Independent Business Alliance
- Boulder Industry Test Bed
- Boulder Institute for Psychotherapy and Research
- Boulder International Film Festival
- Boulder International Humanist Institute
- Boulder Java Users Group
- Boulder Jewish Community Center
- Boulder Jewish Day School
- Boulder Judo Training Center
- Boulder Junction Public Library
- Boulder Labs Diversity Council
- Boulder Lake Management Area
- Boulder Mountain Bike Patrol
- Boulder Mountain Ranch