References in periodicals archive ?
A number of tablets with "lists of objects and names linked by theme, similarity, word root or assonance" were discovered amongst the remnants of the library of Assurbanipal (668 to 627 BCE) (Blom 2004: xvi).
Grande parte dos tabletes referentes a esses assuntos encontram-se na biblioteca de Assurbanipal, o ultimo grande rei da Assiria (Birchette, 1973).
83) pinned on the seventh century BCE Assyrian king Assurbanipal himself, the first "ultrapragmatic librarian to exhibit 'a complete absence of any speculative or reasoning effort.
8) Referencia a Sardanapalo ou Assurbanipal (690-621 a.
Assurbanipal Babilla is a playwright, painter, writer, and translator.
Almost half of that time, until the construction of the Assurbanipal Library (ca.
They did so by responding to perceived needs, whether it was princes as diverse as Assurbanipal, Humphrey, Duke of Gloucester or George III, to indulge in their collector's mania, or Archbishop Matthew Parker at Cambridge or Thomas Bodley at Oxford responding to more obvious educational concerns.
Others have their origin set on the famous library of the Neoassyrian King Assurbanipal in Nineveh (668-627 b.
The King Amiditana (1683-47) was warned in a dream that he had to offer a statue of himself to the gods; similar reports were made by Assurbanipal and Nabonidus.
This critical text owes its survival to Assurbanipal, an Assyrian king who ruled in the seventh century B.
The Finnish Assyriologist Simo Parpola translated and analyzed these texts in several publications, including Letters from Assyrian Scholars to the Kings Esarhaddon and Assurbanipal (1983).
THOMPSON, The Prism of Essarhaddon and Assurbanipal, Londres, 1931), pp.
The fall of Nineveh (608BC) is recorded in the Bible and, among the thousands of clay tablets which survive from the library or Assurbanipal, last king of that town, about a thousand concern medicine, and contain diagnoses and prognostications, remedies and their ingredients.
She gave him one which she named Assurbanipal, after the Assyrian king mentioned in a Borges story.
The library of the Assyrian King Assurbanipal at Ninevah (also on clay tablets, dating from the 7th century B.
Thesaurus browser ?
- associative aphasia
- assortative mating
- assumed name
- Assumption of Mary
- Assyrian Akkadian
- Assyrian Neo-Aramaic
- astatic coils
- astatic galvanometer
- Aster acuminatus
- Aster arenosus
Full browser ?
- Assurance Services Development Board
- Assurance Suisse contre les Risques à l'Exportation
- Assurance Technology Center
- Assurance Technology Corporation
- Assurance Vieillesse
- Assurance Vieillesse des Parents au Foyer
- Assurance Vieillesse et Survivants
- Assurance Voyages & Assistance
- Assurances Christian Filiol
- Assurances Courtage Prévoyance Retraite
- Assurances et Crédits Béjanin
- Assurances Générales
- Assurances Générales de France
- Assurances Mutuelles de l'Indre
- Assurances Vieillesse des Artisans
- Assurant Employee Benefits
- Assurballit Gazelle Hound
- assure (one) of
- assure again
- assure her of
- assure him of
- assure me of
- assure of
- assure one of
- assure oneself
- assure them of
- assure us of
- assure you of
- Assured Access to Space
- assured belief
- Assured Betagro Chicken Program
- Assured Billing Lookup
- Assured Calibration and Laboratory Accreditation Select Services