anticonvulsant

(redirected from Anticonvulsants)
Also found in: Dictionary, Medical, Encyclopedia.
Related to Anticonvulsants: Benzodiazepines
Graphic Thesaurus  🔍
Display ON
Animation ON
Legend
Synonym
Antonym
Related
  • noun

Synonyms for anticonvulsant

References in periodicals archive ?
Conclusion: Anticonvulsants, antibiotics and NSAIDS were the most frequently responsible drugs for development of SJS and TEN.
In case of anticonvulsants, phenytoin could be imputed in 80% of cases and the rest (20%) was due to carbamazepine.
Data regarding admission dates (day, month, year), demographics (age, gender), overdose information [route and underlying cause of the exposure, elapsed time after the exposure, circumstances associated with the overdose (intentional, unintentional and unknown)], clinical signs and symptoms, type and plasma levels of anticonvulsants, laboratory results (ECG, laboratory findings), recommended and applied treatment methods outcome information (clinical state, clinical outcome, and length of hospital stay) were evaluated.
However, stringent regulations and side-effects of anticonvulsants hamper the growth of global bipolar disorder market.
In addition, use of anticonvulsants can mask elevated cortisol levels.
DEFENDANTS' defense The mother received at least two warnings from her physician regarding the potential risks of anticonvulsant and antiepileptic drugs and the importance of not becoming pregnant while taking the medications.
As a result, it is likely that Guaifenesin may possess an anticonvulsant effect.
3 Anticonvulsants are of main elements in controlling and preventing from epileptic seizures.
Evidence to date has not suggested a protective effect of folic acid supplementation for major congenital anomalies among pregnant women treated with anticonvulsants.
5, 5, 10, 20 and 40 mg kg) on Primphos-induced seizures showed that this drug dose-dependently reduced the Primphos-induced seizures (Graph 1 and 2) Most anticonvulsant effect of nimodipine on the mortality and severity of seizures with a dose of 40 mg/kg was observed (Graph 3 and Table 1).
But anticonvulsants are known to block calcium channels in nerve cells, and Bao's group speculates that the drug helps protect neuronal connections between hair cells and auditory neurons.
Additionally, many patients with metastatic intracranial tumours receive anticonvulsants for seizure prophylaxis despite their efficacy not having been clearly demonstrated (1).
25, 2010, SPA -- A rare and dangerous reaction to a range of common medicines including antibiotics and anticonvulsants may be caused by a severe immune response to reactivated herpes virus, scientists said on Wednesday.
Robert Post, Professor of Psychiatry at George Washington University School of Medicine, was a pioneer in the development of a role for anticonvulsants in treatment of bipolar disorder.