References in classic literature ?
You would only knock on the floor,' objected Annette.
Within the space of an hour and a quarter Annette had learned that the young man's name was Alan Beverley
Though she invariably listened with a sweet patience which encouraged them to continue long after the point at which she had begun in spirit to throw things at them, Annette had no sympathy with men who whined.
There was about a teaspoonful of grey matter distributed among the entire squad, and the pupil Annette had been teaching that afternoon had come in at the tail-end of the division.
He dropped the duster with a startled exclamation, for Annette had suddenly burst into a flood of tears.
When Annette, meek, penitent, with all her claws sheathed, came to him and grovelled, he forgave her with a repulsive magnanimity which in a less subdued mood would have stung her to renewed pugnacity.
The good humour with which he received it amazed Annette.
To me,' said Beverley, when informed of the event by Annette, 'the matter has a deeper significance.
Whenever Annette came to his studio he was either sitting in a chair with his feet on the window-sill, smoking, or in the same attitude listening to Sellers' views on art.
Because,' said Annette, 'unfortunately, I had to pay the expenses of publication.
I'll give him anything if he'll only sell an edition or two,' said Annette.
Grusczinsky, beaming paternally whenever Annette entered the shop--which was often--announced two new editions in a week.
It distressed Annette to such an extent that now, if she went upstairs and heard Sellers' voice in the studio, she came down again without knocking.
Annette spoke of my life being in some way insured.
Only since we are here I propose that we test the cooking of the good Annette.
Thesaurus browser ?
- Anna Pavlova
- Anne Boleyn
- Anne Bradstreet
- Anne Bronte
- Anne Dudley Bradstreet
- Anne Hathaway
- Anne Hutchinson
- Anne Mansfield Sullivan
- Anne Robert Jacques Turgot
- Anne Sexton
- Anne Sullivan
- annelid worm
- Annie Oakley
- anno Domini
- Annona cherimola
- Annona diversifolia
- Annona glabra
- Annona muricata
- Annona reticulata
- Annona squamosa
Full browser ?
- Annemarie Moser-Proll
- Annemarie Moser-Pröll
- Annemarie Proll
- Annemarie Pröll
- Annenberg National Health Communication Survey
- Annenberg Public Policy Center
- Annenberg Research Network on International Communication
- Annenberg School for Communication Masters Association
- Annenberg, Walter
- Annenkov Island
- Annenkov Island (South Georgia)
- Annenkov, Boris
- Annenkov, Boris Vladimirovich
- Annenkov, Iurii
- Annenkov, Iurii Pavlovich
- Annenkov, Nikolai
- Annenkov, Nikolai Aleksandrovich
- Annenkov, Nikolai Ivanovich
- Annenkov, Pavel
- Annenkov, Pavel Vasilevich
- Annenskie Mineralnye Vody
- Annenskii, Innokentii
- Annenskii, Innokentii Fedorovich
- Annenskii, Nikolai
- Annenskii, Nikolai Fedorovich
- Annensky, Innokenty Feodorovich
- Annett Wayside Park
- Annette Elisabeth von Hülshoff
- Annette Elisabeth, Freiin von Droste-Hülshoff
- Annette Martin
- Annette Martin method
- Annette Vallon
- Annette Vallon
- Annette von Droste-Huelshoff
- Annette von Droste-Hulshoff
- Annette von Droste-Hülshoff
- Annette Winn Elementary School
- Annette, Baroness von Droste-Hulshoff
- annex (something) to
- Annex A
- Annex B
- annex for public use
- Annex I Expert Group
- Annex I Nation
- Annex II Nation
- annex point
- Annex Records
- annex to