References in periodicals archive ?
"Okami HD's" Amaterasu could be introduced to "Dota 2" as a courier, but Capcom first needs the support of fans to make this happen.
Japan to be a deity descended from Amaterasu, the Japanese Sun Goddess.
Within the Kirishima mountain terrain, the Takachiho-no-mine peak holds a special place in Japanese mythology as the location where the deity Ninigi, grandson of sun goddess Amaterasu, descended to earth from Heaven and established the imperial bloodline.
Buddhalocana), Ichiji Kinrin, Amaterasu, and Juichimen Kannon (Skt.
At the end of Part II, Duthie turns to the representation of Prince Karu, who reigned as the sovereign Monmu from 679 to 707 as heir to his grandfather Tenmu, in such poems by Hitomaro as Man 'yoshu 45-49 on Prince Karu's travels to the Aki fields and poems on the Fujiwara palace, exploring also the ways in which this portrayal of Karu as heir to Tenmu has aspects that suggest "an early expression of the relationship between the imperial lineage and [a regional] Ise cult of Amaterasu that would be developed and institutionalized more fully in the eighth century" (p.
With a history stretching over millennia, however, the Japanese royal family are understood to owe their direct origins to the sun-goddess Amaterasu. As 'the symbol of the state', the Emperor embodies Shintoism and is a guardian of its rituals and practices.
With the help of a Japanese-English dictionary, she claims, she has discovered or decided that the name Michael gave her, Anomalisa, is a rough equivalent of Amaterasu, the Japanese goddess of heaven.
Amaterasu, the sun goddess, known for her predilection towards hiding in caves when in a bad mood, must be pleased with this year's efforts.
This was motivated by the fact that the Japanese people believed the Emperor had a divine power, which was derived from the Shinto belief that the Japanese Imperial Family was the offspring of the sun goddess Amaterasu.
President Barack Obama and other G7 partners one-by-one at Ise Grand Shrine in central Japan, dedicated to sun goddess Amaterasu Omikami, mythical ancestress of the emperor.
So imagine Amaterasu's disbelief when, years later, a badly-scarred man appears at her door in her new home town of Philadelphia.
Decades after fleeing Japan and building a new life in America, Amaterasu Takahashi is confronted by a missing piece of her past.
Legend says that all Emperors are descendants of the legendary first emperor Jimmu, said to be descended from Amaterasu, the sun goddess.
Thesaurus browser ?
- Amanita verna
- amaranth family
- Amaranthus albus
- Amaranthus caudatus
- Amaranthus cruentus
- Amaranthus graecizans
- Amaranthus hybridus erythrostachys
- Amaranthus hybridus hypochondriacus
- Amaranthus hypochondriacus
- Amaranthus spinosus
- Amaryllis belladonna
- amaryllis family
- Amaterasu Omikami
- Amazon ant
- Amazon River
Full browser ?
- amasthenic lens
- Amaterasu Omikami
- Amaterasu Oomikami
- Amaterska Bowling Liga
- Amateur Action Bulletin Board System
- Amateur and Professional Cartoonists Association
- Amateur Arts
- Amateur Arts Festival
- Amateur Astronomers Association
- Amateur Astronomers Association of New York
- Amateur Astronomers Association of Pittsburgh
- Amateur Astronomers Association of Vadodara
- Amateur Astronomers of Beaver County
- Amateur Astronomers of Jackson
- Amateur Astronomical Space Observatory
- Amateur Astronomy Events and Conventions Association
- Amateur Astronomy Observers Log
- Amateur Athletes
- Amateur Athletic Association
- Amateur Athletic Association of America
- Amateur Athletic Association of Guyana
- Amateur Athletic Federation
- Amateur Athletic Federation of India
- Amateur Athletic Foundation of Los Angeles