References in periodicals archive ?
to represent Alaska Natives who were no longer residing in Alaska.
Worl describes the foundation of Alaska Native culture as one grounded in a physical and spiritual relationship to the land and the resources on which Alaska Natives depend.
In new data published March 2 in Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, researchers reported that the suicide rate has been increasing among American Indians and Alaska Natives since 2003, with a rate of 21.5 suicides per 100,000 people as of 2015, according to data from 18 states participating in the National Violent Death Reporting System.
The broader goal is to improve access to and success in higher education for the 5.2 million Americans who identify as American Indian or Alaska Native.
The problem is simply this: What are the rights of the Alaska Natives to the property and resources upon which they have lived since time immemorial?
Alaska Natives in the north (Inupiat) have extremely high rates, but those in other areas/tribes (Aleut, Haida, Tsimshian, etc.) actually have rates about the same as the non-Native rates; Yupik Eskimos in western Alaska are in the middle.
"A Dangerous Idea: The Alaska Native Brotherhood and the Struggle for Indigenous Rights" is a detailed and documented work of seminal scholarship that is an essential and core addition to community and academic library Native American Studies reference collections and supplemental studies reading lists.
Statewide, unemployment rates are 6.i%, but those rates vary substantially by area with a low of 5.i% around Anchorage and a high of 19.7% in the Wade Hampton census area (State of Alaska Department of Labor, 2013), which also hosts a population comprised almost entirely of Alaska Natives (Hunsinger & Sandberg, 2013).
As SBA considers new rules for tribally owned businesses, leaders of Alaska Native Corporations urged the agency not to place restrictions on their access to government contracts.
Even though the numbers of HIV and AIDS diagnoses for American Indians and Alaska Natives represent less than 1% of the total number of HIV/AIDS cases reported to CDC's HIV/ AIDS Reporting System, when population size is taken into account, American Indians and Alaska Natives in 2005 ranked 3rd in rates of HIV/AIDS diagnosis, after African Americans and Hispanics .
Key words: educational achievement, school success, gender roles, gender gap, gender differences, gender role expectations, Alaska Natives
Today, one in ten residents is expected to develop the disease, which not long ago was relatively rare among Alaska Natives.
city's population has the third-highest percentage of American Indians and Alaska Natives?
Botulism death rates among Alaska Natives have declined in the last 20 years, yet incidence has increased.
Thesaurus browser ?
- Alan Shepard
- Alan Stewart Paton
- Alan Turing
- Aland islands
- alarm bell
- alarm clock
- alarm system
- Alaska cedar
- Alaska cod
- Alaska crab
- Alaska fur seal
- Alaska king crab
- Alaska Native
- Alaska Natives
- Alaska Peninsula
- Alaska Range
- Alaska rein orchid
- Alaska Standard Time
- Alaskan brown bear
- Alaskan king crab
- Alaskan malamute
- Alaskan Native
- Alaskan pipeline
- Alauda arvensis
- Alban Berg
- Albanian capital
- Albanian monetary unit
Full browser ?
- Alaska Native Brotherhood
- Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act
- Alaska Native Corporation
- Alaska Native Harbor Seal Commission
- Alaska Native Health Board
- Alaska Native Health Service
- Alaska Native Heritage Center
- Alaska Native Heritage Month
- Alaska Native Human Resource Development Program
- Alaska Native Industries Cooperative Association, Inc
- Alaska Native Justice Center
- Alaska Native Knowledge Network
- Alaska Native Language Center
- Alaska Native Management Board
- Alaska Native Marine Mammal Hunter Committee
- Alaska Native Medical Center
- Alaska Native Organizations
- Alaska Native Regional Corporation
- Alaska Native Science and Engineering Program
- Alaska Native Settlement Claims Act
- Alaska Native Settlement Trust
- Alaska Native Settlement Trust
- Alaska Native Settlement Trusts
- Alaska Native Sisterhood
- Alaska Native Student Wisdom Enrichment Retreat
- Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium
- Alaska Native village
- Alaska native village statistical area
- Alaska Native Youth Media Institute
- Alaska Native/Native Hawaiian Institutions Assisting Communities
- Alaska Natives
- Alaska Natural Gas Development Authority
- Alaska Natural Gas Pipeline Act
- Alaska Natural Gas Transportation Act
- Alaska Natural Gas Transportation System
- Alaska Natural History Association
- Alaska Natural History Institutes
- Alaska Natural Resource and Outdoor Education Association
- Alaska Natural Resources to Liquids Company
- Alaska Network on Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault
- Alaska News Nightly
- Alaska NORAD Region Command Center
- Alaska North Slope
- Alaska North Slope Crude
- Alaska Nurses Association
- Alaska Occupational Injury Surveillance System
- Alaska Occupational Safety and Health
- Alaska Ocean Observing System
- Alaska Office of Rural Health
- Alaska Oil and Gas Association
- Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission
- Alaska Onward to Excellence
- Alaska Open Imaging Center, LLC
- Alaska Optometric Physicians Association
- Alaska Outdoor Access Alliance
- Alaska Outdoor Adventure Grapevine
- Alaska Outdoor Journal
- Alaska Pacific University
- Alaska Pacific University Nordic Ski Center
- Alaska Panhandle Dispute
- Alaska Partnership for Teacher Enhancement