References in classic literature ?
He was a thin man, with a mean and crafty face, and a greenish-yellow complexion; and he crossed the room very slowly, looking suspiciously about him as if be thought there might be a savage dog hidden somewhere.
They glanced their eyes suspiciously from Marnoo to me, as if distrusting the nature of an intercourse carried on, as it was, in a language they could not understand, and they seemed to harbour the belief that already we had concerted measures calculated to elude their vigilance.
On one was piled certain curiously twisted and complicated figures, called “nut-cakes,” On another were heaps of a black-looking sub stance, which, receiving its hue from molasses, was properly termed “sweet-cake ;” a wonderful favorite in the coterie of Remarkable, A third was filled, to use the language of the housekeeper, with “cards of gingerbread ;” and the last held a “ plum- cake,” so called from the number of large raisins that were showing their black heads in a substance of suspiciously similar color.
She looked suspiciously at her sister; Maria's countenance was to decide it: if she were vexed and alarmed--but Maria looked all serenity and satisfaction, and Julia well knew that on this ground Maria could not be happy but at her expense.
Troop raised one shaggy eyebrow over a suspiciously mild blue eye.
Do you mean to say," I asked suspiciously, "that an old lady wants to hire an apartment here?
I don't know what you're talking about, I'm afraid," said the younger man, rather suspiciously.
He looked suspiciously at us now out of yellow-shot, bilious eyes, and, without speaking or rising, he waved towards two chairs.
No, as I say, I may have been mistaken in the first instance; but I had put out my light and was looking out of the window when I saw a fellow behaving quite suspiciously.
Imagine the Grand Vizier in solemn council with the magnates of the realm, spelling his way through the hated newspaper, and finally delivering his profound decision: "This thing means mischief --it is too darkly, too suspiciously inoffensive--suppress it
I answered suspiciously, for the objects of our journey had been kept a dead secret.
The waiter looked at me suspiciously as I made my way upstairs.
You needn't say yes if you'd rather go alone," she said suspiciously.
he asked suspiciously, noticing her tone of dreaminess and the inapt words.
I offer obligingly to bring one of them to her, and now she looks at me suspiciously.
Thesaurus browser ?
- sushi bar
- suspended animation
- suspender belt
- suspense account
- suspension bridge
- suspension point
- suspension system
- suspensory bandage
- Susquehanna River
- suss out
- Sussex spaniel
- Sussex University
- sustaining pedal
- sustaining program
Full browser ?
- Suspicious Activity Monitoring Protocol
- Suspicious activity report
- Suspicious Activity Report by Money Services Business
- Suspicious Activity Report by Securities and Futures Industries
- Suspicious Activity Report for Casinos
- Suspicious Activity Report for Casinos and Card Clubs
- Suspicious Activity Report for Securities Brokers and Dealers
- Suspicious Activity Reporting System
- Suspicious Circumstances
- Suspicious Person
- Suspicious Pile Of Rocks
- Suspicious Transaction Report
- Suspicious Transaction Report
- Suspicious Transaction Reporting Office
- Suspicious Transaction Reports
- Suspicious Vehicle
- Suspiciously-Pathological Glucose Tolerance
- Susquehanna Area Mountain Bike Association
- Susquehanna Association for the Blind and Vision Impaired
- Susquehanna Bicycle Racing Team
- Susquehanna Company
- Susquehanna County
- Susquehanna County, PA
- Susquehanna County, Pennsylvania
- Susquehanna Diversified Engineering