References in periodicals archive ?
found that a blanket strip-search policy was constitutional as applied
In support of its decision to uphold a blanket strip-search policy,
provide sufficient grounds to renounce blanket strip-search policies.
23) The Ninth and Eleventh Circuits have applied the Bell test and held that blanket strip-search policies during booking were constitutional.
40) For the foregoing reasons, the Third Circuit held that a blanket strip-search policy for all arrestees entering the general jail population was constitutional.
In the instant case, the Third Circuit improperly deferred to the judgment of prison officials where ample evidence exists of the impropriety of blanket strip-search policies.
214) Though varying interpretations of the law in the lower courts by no means guarantee a litigant qualified immunity, Justice Souter reasoned that dissenting opinions in strip-search cases in these courts provided enough well-reasoned, valid interpretations of strip search policy for the Court to determine that T.
See District Concedes Strip-Search to Settle Suit, WORLDNETDAILY.
These decisions state a broader rule than the early strip-search cases: Any practice that requires an arrestee to be seen naked by jail staff violates the Fourth Amendment unless reasonable suspicion exists to justify the search.
Citing other 1st Circuit decisions that go back to 1985, the court held that the few seconds that the officer observed the naked inmate amounted to a strip-search because the court defined a strip-search as a "visual inspection of the naked body.
Melbourne, November 24 (ANI): Celebrities like Lily Allen and Rhys Ifans are shocked after being subjected to a traumatising strip-search following their arrival in Dubai for the globe's most expensive party.
The Brit pop icon, who had previously confessed to drug consumption beginning at the age of 13, revealed that despite being guiltless the intimate strip-search had left her 'terrified'.
According to the court, the strip-search of non-felony detainees violated their rights to freedom from unreasonable searches, even though the center had implemented a policy requiring a two-hour grace period before a search.
Though she added the strip-search was the most degrading experience of her life.
The court noted that the unconstitutionality of a blanket strip-search policy had been well-established.
Thesaurus browser ?
- striped coral root
- striped dogwood
- striped drum
- striped gentian
- striped hyena
- striped killifish
- striped maple
- striped marlin
- striped muishond
- striped mullet
- striped racer
- striped skunk
- striped squirrel
- striped violet
- stripper well
- striptease artist
- Strix aluco
- Strix nebulosa
- Strix occidentalis
- Strix varia
- Strizostedion vitreum glaucum
- strobe light
- Strobilomyces floccopus
- stroke play
Full browser ?
- strip-line circuit
- Strip-Type Leaky Lines
- Stripe (billiard ball)
- Stripe and Mirror Everything
- stripe blight
- stripe of Gennari
- stripe phase
- stripe set