References in classic literature ?
With hands clasped behind her back the school teacher walked up and down in the schoolroom and talked very rapidly.
All was now bustle and hubbub in the late quiet schoolroom.
The changing of the bare, ugly little schoolroom into a bower of beauty; Miss Dearborn's pleasure at her success with the Simpson twins' recitation; the privilege of decorating the blackboard; the happy thought of drawing Columbia from the cigar box; the intoxicating moment when the school clapped her
Thanks being returned for what we had not got, and a second hymn chanted, the refectory was evacuated for the schoolroom.
Mell, at his own detached desk in the schoolroom, worked hard with pen, ink, ruler, books, and writing- paper, making out the bills (as I found) for last half-year.
Just imagine the grave old gentleman clattering and stamping into the schoolroom on his four hoofs, perhaps treading on some little fellow's toes, flourishing his switch tail instead of a rod, and, now and then, trotting out of doors to eat a mouthful of grass
But the school-master was so active with his lameness that it was hardly thought of as a misfortune; and if you had seen him make his way along the schoolroom floor, and up the step into his kitchen, you would perhaps have understood why the naughty boys sometimes felt that his pace might be indefinitely quickened and that he and his stick might overtake them even in their swiftest run.
At the back of the estrade, and attached to a moveable partition dividing this schoolroom from another beyond, was a large tableau of wood painted black and varnished; a thick crayon of white chalk lay on my desk for the convenience of elucidating any grammatical or verbal obscurity which might occur in my lessons by writing it upon the tableau; a wet sponge appeared beside the chalk, to enable me to efface the marks when they had served the purpose intended.
One day in midwinter when sitting in the schoolroom attending to her nephew's lessons, she was informed that Rostov had called.
Bloomfield assured me she was a remarkably gentle child, and required encouragement: she had not learned anything yet; but in a few days, she would be four years old, and then she might take her first lesson in the alphabet, and be promoted to the schoolroom.
She entered the little schoolroom and made her way to the platform, dispensing many smiles and nods amongst the audience of the concert, which was momentarily interrupted for her benefit.
It's so hot in the schoolroom," she said, "and some of the girls, poor things, are so ill-tempered at rehearsal--I have made my escape.
After this, there was another hour of crouching in the schoolroom and shivering with cold, and then school began again.
Before breakfast, a walk with Sir Pitt and his spud; after breakfast studies (such as they are) in the schoolroom; after schoolroom, reading and writing about lawyers, leases, coal-mines, canals, with Sir Pitt (whose secretary I am become); after dinner, Mr.
He got up and submissively followed her to the schoolroom.
Thesaurus browser ?
- school system
- school teacher
- school term
- school text
- school year
- school-age child
- Schreiber's aster
- Schrodinger equation
- Schrodinger wave equation
- Schuller-Christian disease
Full browser ?
- Schoolnet Academy of Insurance and Financial Advisors
- Schoolnet National Advisory Board
- Schoolnet News Network
- Schoolnet Youth Advisory Board
- Schools & Libraries Corporation
- Schools Adolescent Lifestyle and Substance Use Survey
- Schools and Communities in Partnership
- Schools and Libraries Division
- Schools and Police Liaison Activities for the Summer Holidays
- Schools and Programmes Register
- Schools and School Districts
- Schools and Staffing Survey
- Schools and Universities Polo Association
- Schools Around the World
- Schools Building and Design Unit
- Schools Clean Up Day
- Schools Construction Corporation
- Schools Cooperative Opportunities for Resources and Education
- Schools Council Integrated Science Project
- Schools Educators Police Liaison Association
- Schools Facing Challenging Circumstances
- Schools Facing Exceptionally Challenging Circumstances
- Schools First Federal Credit Union
- Schools for Adults
- Schools for Apprenticeship in Industry
- Schools for Fair Funding, Inc.
- Schools for Kolkhoz Youth
- Schools for Peasant Youth